Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 stuck on recovery mode help?

Sponsored Links
    I was trying to update my ps3 to 3.55 and it stopped, then it appeared a red screen and i managed to fix it but i am stuck in the recovery mode... it does not matter what i do it wont upgrade or let me inside the xmb, it says as well that console cannot read system you may have to update...pres selec and start.

i did it, tried with different ofw but i am not getting anywhere.
    Best Answer - Posted by severusx:

Make sure that you have your OFW PUP in the correct path on your flash drive. It must be (case sensitive): X:\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP

If you were using a 3.55 firmware with a 3.56 spoof you may want to try to load that again.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well - you need to give a few more details, namely what is happening when you press select and start, then try 3.55 OFW again?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Make sure that you have your OFW PUP in the correct path on your flash drive. It must be (case sensitive): X:\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP

If you were using a 3.55 firmware with a 3.56 spoof you may want to try to load that again.

well i did exactly what you severusx saying, hav the PUP file like you describe and after i try to "system update" with the 3.55 OFW in a flash usb in the first usb port from the right it says: checking,please wait and then it stops and gives me a message:

A serious error occured. Please contact technical support for help (8002F281).

and i am sure i have the right 3.55 OFW beccause i used it once and update it with the same and it went well. but after i mistakely tried to downgrade it with a usb dongle (which i`ve done it once without any problem) with a .mHex from 3.50 to 3.41 because i could not find from 3.55 to 3.41 and got stuck in the middle of nothing. i tried again to update it and managed to get out of the red screen like i wrote it by having the Lv2diag.self and the 3.55 ofw in a root of usb and then managed to start updating to 3.55 halfway and after that i am stuck in a recovery mode.

Sorry for my bad english, lol.

So you tried to downgrade 3.55 using 3.50 downgrade files, and half way it froze or something went wrong, and so you re-installed 3.55?

And now this is where your stuck? And its not running 3.55 anymore? Just the recovery screen where it says error etc and options?

Maybe you need to go with the full downgrade now? since you kinda got half way already?

Or update straight to 3.56.... {SCARY} lol

Yes, exactly. I tried downgrading but it won't let me. i guess i should just try to update to 3.56, there is not other options left here. It is not jailbroken the 3.56, right?

Thanks for all help guys, i finally fixed it. i managed after 100 times of trying to downgrade it, now i will upgrade it to 3.55 and multiman to enjoy it.

thanks again
    Last edited by metipr; 03-01-2011 at 07:41 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News