Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 stuck in recovery help?

Sponsored Links
    Ok, So my ps3 had waninkoko v2 on it and I decided I wanted to change the cfw to KMEAW. So I download OFW 3.55 went into to recovery mode and updated. However, it froze at 99% and then rebooted itself.

The next time I tried to update I received error code 8002f281. Which is apparently is a hard drive problem. Well I looked online and I found out that if you format that hard drive the error goes away.

So I did and it seemed to fix the problem. However, then a new problem occurred. It would prepare update, reach 100%, and then reboot. This happens every time I try to update. Both from the recovery menu as well as from the black screen on start up.

Is it toast? At this point the only firmware I've tried to install is the 3.55 OFW.

Fixed. It turns out that even though formatting the drive made the error code go away the HDD was still the root cause of the problem. I replaced and it works fine now.
    Last edited by swatpup32; 09-06-2012 at 01:09 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Best Answer - Posted by elser1:

Quote Originally Posted by swatpup32 View Post
    Fixed. It turns out that even though formatting the drive made the error code go away the HDD was still the root cause of the problem. I replaced and it works fine now.
    good work mate. i'm glad it all worked out for you.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by swatpup32 View Post
    good work mate. i'm glad it all worked out for you.

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News