Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 stopped reading games, any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
    My PS3 stopped reading Games. Whats weird I can watch standard dvd's and play audio cd's but I cannot play my ps3 game nor watch blu-ray movies anymore.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Edit: Did more reading and came across an option which may work. Considering I replaced the laser already could my Drive board (The board attached to the bottom of the BD Drive) be bad?
    Last edited by kmoldps3; 02-24-2009 at 06:14 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Best Answer - Posted by fifi5:

If changing the laser doesn't help, its mostly the driver board that's bad. You can't just buy another and put it there, coz of the nand flash that has a key which is connected to another one on the motherboard. Replacing the driver board with your nand flash is really hard and you can easly destroy it. If it's not the laser, you have to call sony for a repiar. My driver board is dead now ;(

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb

Sponsored Links
    Maybe you bought a dead laser, or the fuse of the laser blown. this often happens if you buy cheap lasers made in china

Banned User
    Sponsored Links

Lightbulb

Sponsored Links
    i think it too , ask to sony for repair is best.

If changing the laser doesn't help, its mostly the driver board that's bad. You can't just buy another and put it there, coz of the nand flash that has a key which is connected to another one on the motherboard. Replacing the driver board with your nand flash is really hard and you can easly destroy it. If it's not the laser, you have to call sony for a repiar. My driver board is dead now ;(

Lightbulb

Ebay it up? Just a thought..

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News