Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 Split Files and External help?

Sponsored Links
    Okay, I know we can't currently play split files from an external and they must be transferred back to the internal before playing. I

have been searching for a few days around the net wjithout any luck so my question is Does anyone know where to find a list of games that will boot off an external drive without needing to be split then rejoined?

I'm not sure if there are any but it would seem alot of people could benefit from such a list. Any help would be appreciated and thanks to everyone for making this site very informative.
    Best Answer - Posted by barrybarryk:

you find a 2.5" sata hdd thats 9.5mm tall and has a 2TB capacity and it'll probably work but sadly the biggest drive fitting those dimensions is 750GB.

And yes if a game has a tick under usb it'll work on an external if not it won't.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    you mean like this? PS3 Jailbreak Compatibility List

Sponsored Links

Wink

Sponsored Links
    Was looking at this which brings me to the next question to make sure I understand this list.

Games marked with a check under the usb selection can be installed and played off the usb drive directly without needing to be transferred first correct? The games without a check then should be backed up to the internal drive if I understand this correctly.

Does the ps3 have a maximum capacity size for an internal drive I know that it must be a 2.5 and 9.5 thick. Will a 2tb drive work or is there a capacity limit.

Thanks for your reply you have been a wonderful help.

you find a 2.5" sata hdd thats 9.5mm tall and has a 2TB capacity and it'll probably work but sadly the biggest drive fitting those dimensions is 750GB.

And yes if a game has a tick under usb it'll work on an external if not it won't.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News