Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 slim stuck on 3.56 v1 (Error 8002F2C5) help?

Sponsored Links
    I have a PS3 slim stuck on firmware update 3.56 v1, that refuses to update with any recent firmwares. I've been wanting to throw it away, but i thought I'd ask you guys, to see if you had any solutions.

Tried:

Firmware 3.41-4.11 on Usb
    4.11 Firmware burned onto a disk
    Few Custom firwmares

Gone to the recovery menu and rebuilt database, tried upgrading from there, and restoring the system, none of those have worked and just return error 8002F2C5.
    Best Answer - Posted by tri:

3.56 v1 is SONY issue, it has some bug so make some EEPROM of PS3 not working well. you will get error even you update or downgrade to anykind of FW.

Yes, You can fix this problem !! its easy !!! you can use E3 Flasher or Progskeet, but i'd prefer using Progskeet.

regards...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    are you sure that you are on the JFW V1 [HadesFirmware]

but if you are not like me you stuck and you can get only down with e3 flasher.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    You could try re-formatting the HDD.

That update is looking for the correct harddrive for that ps3, but so many people had errors with it sony quickly updated it to v2.

You can try to format the hard drive and then install 3.56 ver. 2 in recovery menu. Thanks and let us know.

Just to let everyone know... I've had 3 consoles in 2 weeks BRICKED after an attempted E3 downgrade. Ended up using my Progskeet to sort out. My opinion isn't great of that specific product - just sharing my experience

I agree but a lot of people will not get the progskeet because of the soldering or having to put all that money into making it solderless. But I have had two go brick with the e3. I also used the progskeet to fix them.

I have one e3 that sits in a box and has never seen a ps3. Just stole the clip pun of it for a guy that wanted it. So yes mushy I do have to agree that the e3 isnt the best choice.

3.56 v1 is SONY issue, it has some bug so make some EEPROM of PS3 not working well. you will get error even you update or downgrade to anykind of FW.

Yes, You can fix this problem !! its easy !!! you can use E3 Flasher or Progskeet, but i'd prefer using Progskeet.

regards...

Yep.. The issue was Sonys fault, when you changed hard drives while on 3.56 v1,... The only easiest way, is if you are lucky enough to have the original Hardrive you updated to 3.56v1 with, you then put that HDD in, and then update to 3.56v2? If not, you can either reflash with progskeet or if under warranty, send it to sony to fix..

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News