Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 Slim shuts down immediately help?

Sponsored Links
    Hi,

I got a PS3 Slim 120 GB yesterday that has an annoying problem. When i plug it in, the LED shows up red like normal. When i try to turn it on, the LED goes green for half a sencond then back to red. And i can hear it tries to beep but only for half a second too. I opened it and tried without the BD drive and the HDD but it does the same. I opened the power suppy unit and tried to play with the potentiometers, still without success. Do you think i need to try with a new power supply unit or could it be the motherboard?

Thanks in advance for your help
    Best Answer - Posted by racer0018:

This could be a lot of different things. I would start with something easy, if you have a spare paper supply then you can hook that up and give it a try to see if it works. But if bought used there is always a chance that someone tried to downgrade it and flashed a bad flash to it and well now it is a brick. If you have a progskeet hook it up and ground the tri and so it will stay on and see if you can get a good dump from it. This will solve if that is the problem.

Ok on for the next problem, if it were downgrade try, sometimes they mess up on the hooking the progskeet up and wire something wrong and end up blowing a fuse on the board. Did you test the voltage out with a multimeter. Thanks

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I would get a whole new power supply.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This could be a lot of different things. I would start with something easy, if you have a spare paper supply then you can hook that up and give it a try to see if it works. But if bought used there is always a chance that someone tried to downgrade it and flashed a bad flash to it and well now it is a brick. If you have a progskeet hook it up and ground the tri and so it will stay on and see if you can get a good dump from it. This will solve if that is the problem.

Ok on for the next problem, if it were downgrade try, sometimes they mess up on the hooking the progskeet up and wire something wrong and end up blowing a fuse on the board. Did you test the voltage out with a multimeter. Thanks

I won't have access to a multimeter for the week end but for what it's worth, i'm sure the PS3 hadn't been opened before I did.

Ok was the warranty sticker on it when you got it?

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News