Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[UnAnswered] ps3 slim lags help?

Sponsored Links
    hi guys,

i have a ps3 slim model (250gb) most games are quite laggy during cutscenes as well as gameplay its not the actual game, because I tested the same game, for example uncharted 2 on my friend's ps3 and it worked perfectly

(another thing, it is not the tv or hdmi cable, as i tested it at my friends house on his tv/hdmi cable) Also another reason i KNOW it is not the game, because most games lag despite being brand new. I tried to go get it fixed as i thought it was a blue ray problem but the person told me it wasn't, as if it were a blue ray problem, the game shouldn't work at all, not be laggy he said it was the first time he saw/heard about this happening, suprisingly with a slim model!

PS: my warranty is over a year now

(this problem was occuring even after jailbreaking) (i have tried a master reset/system restore/or whatever its called)

Sponsored Links
    Does it play BluRay movies ok or does this only happen when you play games?

Even though it would not help with BD discs, try running games off the internal HD and see if they lag. If not, then it's definitely a fault with the BD laser or lens etc. If they DO lag, then something else is going wrong.

not too sure about the blue ray movies hey, don't have any so i'm assuming the games for now

i am running games through my internal hard drive, and it still lags (before and after the jailbreak, i thought the jailbreak would've improved the performance of the lags, it did not)

someone did suggest that it may be a burnt cpu (not sure if i heard right)

Regards,
    Charles

It could be the hard drive as some of the older hard drives have this problem.

so do you recommend running games through an external hard drive? and seeing if that works?

that sounds like a good try.

thanks, will post with back with an answer!

although any more suggestions would be grateful.

If your internal HD is set to SATA 2 then it WILL lag. Depending on the brand of your drive you may be able to find an application that forces your HD to work at SATA 1 settings. Goto the manufacturer's page for your HD and the application will be in the downloads section.

nope external drive still lags... as for the SATA, could you elaborate further?

i tried looking it up and searching for it, bjut i don't know how to identify whether my HD is SATA 1 or SATA 2.

thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by sykokid View Post
    nope external drive still lags... as for the SATA, could you elaborate further?

i tried looking it up and searching for it, bjut i don't know how to identify whether my HD is SATA 1 or SATA 2.

thanks in advance
    Which internal hard drive have you got? I'll have a look for you.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News