Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 Slim has no power help?

Sponsored Links
    I honestly have no idea what could be the problem. ANY help will be highly appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I have a phat ps3 that did almost the exact thing, although I had beeps when it shut down. Mine happened to be the ylod error. I am not sure what kind of lights or beeps if any the slims give, but my guess would probably be ylod error or some other type of internal hardware error. After searching a bit, it looks like it could be a number of things ie: power cable, power supply, or even the rsx chip or south bridge chip needing a reflow/reball.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thank You so much man you just got meone step closer to solving the problem. Thanks again

Smells like YLOD science slims do not show YLOD on front led panel, how did it happen ?

2 things may fix this, you will lose your data with one of em but hey i think it may be worth it, but that's your call, ok

1st. Try recovery mode (hold power down till u hear beep then another beep, then it'll turn off. Do it again you'll hear a beep this time then 2 beeps, release after 2 beeps and try restoring file structure or other options in recovery.

2nd (will lose data) take out your hard drive, connect it to a pc, in device manager, go to disk management and format the drive, stick it back in ps3 and see if it goes through the format process. Thats all with that option. Your hard drive may be faulty or need to be replaced. After you do option 2 you can rule it out if it works.

I think you have a faulty power supply.

Ahh yes forgot about this as well , you are correct
    Last edited by misiozol; 10-28-2013 at 12:22 PM

Give this fix a try, as it won't cost you any money to do:

Well the 1st option cant work because it turns off so fast but i'll try the 2nd one later when i have time. Thanks for trying to help man!

Could be, can it be the battery??
    Last edited by Freeze; 11-01-2013 at 04:12 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

First try the fix I posted above. Its pretty easy to follow, the only hard part is removing the security screws, if you don't have the correct torx screwdriver. Theres a very good chance it will fix your ps3 and if you follow the video carefully its easy peasy.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News