Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 Slim demo questions help?

Sponsored Links
    I bought a PS3 Demo Unit and had a few question for you guys. I found this thread: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-cf...ow-118999.html which is the one I plan to use.

Questions

1. Can I use PS3 Update from sony?
    2. Do unlock codes work still?
    3. Should I use Custom Firmware will it unlocked demo unit?
    4. Is the serial number on console void (because its a demo unit)?
    5. If I use Custom Firmware can I enable store use?

Thanks

Could someone wise please help?
    Last edited by jrccomputer; 10-16-2012 at 08:45 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Best Answer - Posted by G Sus:

I'm far from being wise but here goes.

it would appear you have a shop demo unit and would like to turn it into a standard retail unit (Cex). if thats the case then i believe these are the answers.

1 after you convert to retail unit if you update to any official fw above 3.55 you would permanently have a retail unit.
    2 doubtful
    3 probably best only using 3.55 or below (cfw or ofw) just incase you want to revert back to demo.
    4 does the serial number have any importance.
    5 if use rogero latest cfw psn is available.

im not 100% sure on these answer, but im sure some of the smart people here will correct this if wrong.

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'm far from being wise but here goes.

it would appear you have a shop demo unit and would like to turn it into a standard retail unit (Cex). if thats the case then i believe these are the answers.

1 after you convert to retail unit if you update to any official fw above 3.55 you would permanently have a retail unit.
    2 doubtful
    3 probably best only using 3.55 or below (cfw or ofw) just incase you want to revert back to demo.
    4 does the serial number have any importance.
    5 if use rogero latest cfw psn is available.

im not 100% sure on these answer, but im sure some of the smart people here will correct this if wrong.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks Bro.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News