[Answered] PS3 Slim 250GB framerate issues help?

Hey all, I noticed that my ps3 has had framerate issues in quite a few games.

I know that some games are just badly coded, yet the issue affects games that used to run well on my old fat Ps3. So far: Demons souls, Dragons dogma, Just cause 2, Disgaea 4 (yep...), and even fairytail fights. XMB takes 5 seconds of spinning to load the games line. Could it be HDD corruption or are slims faulty?

I searched around and tried some "unlikely" setting changes, didn't work, I will try rebuilding database later, though I did that a few months ago and it didn't fix the problem back then. I would rather not format since I have no way of reaquiring my backups, I moved to another country and left quite a few things behind. Yet I probably will format if there's no hope left.

Extra details: 576i RGB (horrid screen), media server off/internet connection off, KMEAW 3.55, using latest multiman, nothing else installed other than Gaia manager and Blackbox FTP (if that's the name). The console is in good condition since I barely used it since I bought it.

some games are like that on "high action scenes" remember that in today's standard the ps3 is nearly obsolete compared to high end pc gaming. though maybe it is your hdd as your not playing from disc and hdd should be faster.

Try lowering the resolution if you haven't tried already. Also, have you ever noticed any framerate issues before or is this the first time?

Quote Originally Posted by elser1 View Post
    some games are like that on "high action scenes" remember that in today's standard the ps3 is nearly obsolete compared to high end pc gaming. though maybe it is your hdd as your not playing from disc and hdd should be faster.
    I highly doubt games like Disgaea 4 would stretch the system, even taking into account massively bad programming. OP says the XMB takes some time to load.

I'd suggest reinstalling 3.55 OFW from Recovery and wiping everything from there too. Failing that, I'd suspect hardware problems with the console.

I've got absolutely no problems with my debug-converted CECH-2512A, playing graphically intensive games like GT5 and DXHR and simpler games like Atelier Meruru and AT3, at whatever HD resolution the games support.

Thanks for the replies!

I am already running at the lowest resolution so that's not the issue, I'm not sure if it's the firmware that caused the problems since I installed KMEAW the day I bought it.

Eitherway, It's gonna be a very slow process but I'm gonna try and follow your suggestion Portalcake. Not sure when since I'm a bit busy this week.

Thanks for the help!