Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Question [Answered] PS3 Slim 160GB CECH2503A 4.40 Jailbreak help?

Sponsored Links
    Hello all,

I've recently decided to re-jailbreak my PS3 and was wondering if anyone would be able to help me out with the whole process. I used to run 3.55CFW but removed it a few months after for reasons which seemed smart at the time but seem stupid now. I'm currently running the latest Sony Firmware (4.40) and have a PS3 Slim 160GB with CECH-2503A so it should be possible to jailbreak it, my only problems are;

Do I need to downgrade my Firmware? If so, how would I do this? and where can I download a valid PS3PUP? Everywhere I've tried has had dodgy surveys and passwords that don't work.

I checked out some guides but they were intended for 3.55, and while the guide states you must be on 3.55 I've seen other people state you can jailbreak from any firmware (at least I think that's what they were saying, I might be misinterpreting it)

PS: Can I still run downloaded PS+ games on a jailbroken system?

Thanks in advance, sorry if this has already been answered.
    Best Answer - Posted by mschumacher69:

You need to use a hardware flasher to downgrade your PS3 to 3.55 before you can install CFW.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    You need to use a hardware flasher to downgrade your PS3 to 3.55 before you can install CFW.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    You will need to downgrade. The easiest is to find someone locally or ship to a reputable place. A progskeet or E3 aren't cheap so you probably don't want to do it yourself. Just use someone who has solid reputation.

I downgrade for people check the for sale area. But if you want to do it yourself let me know and I will help you with that also. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News