Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Question [Answered] PS3 Slim 160 problem help?

Sponsored Links
    I have a friend of mine whos 160gb slim is doing some weird crap. when you turn it on the power light turns green and it seeming looks like it is gonna cooperate. then after about 60 seconds (with no sound or video mind you) it turns it self off to a steady red standby light. I tried to get into the recovery menu and it won't let me. I searched this and haven't found anything helpful. Any info would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It seems like PS3 is bricked , try to get in service mode using a jb device.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It dosen't seem like a brick being he was playing GT5 when it just shut off. Seems more like a power issue. I scouted YouTube videos and the ones I have seen point to a power problem but the standy light always went out after the reset. I'm at a loss here. Could it be a YLOD in the early stages?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Maybe? I would try to get into service mode with a dongle like the E3 reader and see what happens.

Can't get service mode, it's on 3.66

Oh, you are probably SOL, send to sony for repair?

i may just buy it from him and sell him one of mine. power supplies for the slims are cheap enough to maybe just order one and see what happens. I love the PS3 but the quality is garbage for such a expensive console one would think they would last longer than a year or so. It almost seems Sony rigs the systems to go to crap right after the warranty expires, like a built in doomsday clock.

Well, I have all three consoles. And so far I have been through 4 fat 360s to only one PS3 Slim (knock on wood). I have a Slim 360 now modded and so far so good. I don't think that Sony's quality control is poor, I just think some corner cutting plus certain circumstances cause them to fail.

Your lucky being on your first PS3 i have gone through 7 or 8 of em. either they YLOD of the lasers crap out. when they break i fix em and ebay the units and find a working replacement with the firmware versions that keeps the system open.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News