Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[UnAnswered] PS3 singstar help?

Sponsored Links
    Ok so here goes. my ps3 is one that doesnt play ps2 games. when playing a ps3 singstar i can swap disc and it will play an original ps2 singstar disc.. it will not recognize a ps2 backup singstar disc... any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Is it the same region as the ps3 game is?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Get a PS2 emulator for your PC. is all i can say, way less of a hassle, and you can use motioninjoy connect your PS3 controller to your PC and play just like a normal PS2, providing of course you have a good PC to handle it.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by sharred View Post
    Is it the same region as the ps3 game is?
    yeah same region

Quote Originally Posted by TitanTX View Post
    Get a PS2 emulator for your PC. is all i can say, way less of a hassle, and you can use motioninjoy connect your PS3 controller to your PC and play just like a normal PS2, providing of course you have a good PC to handle it.
    Any of the emulators list singstar as one you can see the start up screens but will not play game
    Last edited by bigwolff; 11-04-2012 at 09:12 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Oh i see then you are out of luck mate. You need to have a compatible PS3 console in order to play "original" PS2 games, and you would need the cobra dongle in order to play the backups with a compatible console on CFW 3.55 hope this makes sense.

No you don't. Singstar reads the tracks as if the DVD was a plain data DVD, it doesn't boot it as a ps2 game, it just streams only the music video tracks.

the error came up as this is not a valid singstar disc

Yes I didn't read that this was a backup dvd.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News