Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Question [Answered] Ps3 SDK Logicboard ?

Sponsored Links
    Was talking to a friend today bout the ps3 and he came up with this. its just a idea so here it goes.

Take apart the SDK model, take high resolution photos of the Logicboard. Work out what all the IC,s are.. Its possible that sony has put a extra IC on the SDK models, that retail consoles dont have. which the firmware that the SDK models run checks for. It may be simple to solder a chips to the retail console.

Hope i can get some light on this..
    Best Answer - Posted by CJPC:

Well - we have. I suggest reading the News: http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jailbreak/

Furthermore, inserting another chip will not help too much, there are still signatures on the firmware, etc - so that will be a bit difficult to accomplish.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well - we have. I suggest reading the News: http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jailbreak/

Furthermore, inserting another chip will not help too much, there are still signatures on the firmware, etc - so that will be a bit difficult to accomplish.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Okay thanks been trying to get a answer to this... Thanks for reply.

No problem - of note however:

Between a TEST PS3, and a Retail PS3, there are no hardware differences, its all in the software.

A TOOL however - it's a different beast, HW is quite different, but similar on the same note!

Interesting, now is the hardware/software from for example old dev kits, and new dev kits different, also.

side question... i cant seem to find the irc chat lol.. could someone kindly point me into a direction.. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rav View Post
    interesting, now is the hardware/software from for example old dev kits, and new dev kits different, also.
    They are both similar (old and new) Test and Retail models - however the OLD TOOL (1000A) and the new TOOL (1400A) - are totally different!

Quote Originally Posted by Rav View Post
    side question... i cant seem to find the irc chat lol.. could someone kindly point me into a direction.. thanks
    It was closed a few months ago (for the second time) due to a lack of interest... so now only a private IRC channel remains for the Devs.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    They are both similar (old and new) Test and Retail models - however the OLD TOOL (1000A) and the new TOOL (1400A) - are totally different!
    Does that have anything to do with the slim models of ps3.. since there is no other os feature.. figure they might make a new sdk for it.. sorry bout these questions im just very curious.. and i love the tech part of things thanks again...

Well, did not mean that. A quick rundown:

CECHA-P (the fat models) are equivalent to the DECHA/DECHJ models (60/40gb)

Then, there are the CECH-2000 (slim) models, which have their own DECH equivalent.

Those are Debug units.

Then, there are TOOL units, the DECR-1000 and the DECR-1400. the DECR-1000 is the giant PS3 TOOL, while the DECR-1400 is basically a DECHA model, with a new CPU, and additional ram - quite undesirable actually!

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News