Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Eek [UnAnswered] ps3 says wrong hard disk, cannot start?

Sponsored Links
    It is an older demo model running 3.60 firmware. I've only had it for 2 months, and never had probe till now. It's a 160 gb seagate drive. Mo# cechao1, it is also backwards compatible, don't know if that matters.

When it starts it has the ps3 logo, then says cannot start. Wrong hd drive, then that's all it does. Also I don't know how to do the recover mode... so I'm kinda lost now! Please help... I may die of boredom soon.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Try entering Recovery mode using these steps:

1. With the system in standby mode. Press and hold the power button down until the system turns on and then off again. Release the power button.
    2. After about 1 - 2 seconds press and hold the power button again, until you hear 2 consecutive beeps. Release the power button. During this step you will actually hear three beeps. There will be one single beep then a short delay followed by 2 consecutive beeps. Only release the power button after you hear the 2 consecutive beeps.

At this point the PS3 Recovery Menu will be shown on the screen.

Select Rebuild Database from the menu.

If this doesn't work, download the 3.60 (fixed) PUP and try to update the Firmware from the recovery menu.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News