Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 save data help?

Sponsored Links
    ok i had the yellow light of death. paid $130 to have my 20gb ps3 fixed. just in case i took my 100gb hhd out and replaced it with a 40gb one. i wrote a note asking them to fix it instead of replacing it. they sent me a new one. kinda sucks was a grad present but new one has like no scratches on it. anyways i still have old hard drive that is not formatted.

i now i understood that you cannot get info from it but i was wondering one of two things. one would using a ps3 emulator for pc work. say somewhere that you can use an emulator for ps3 on pc. was wondering if it was possible to connect hard drive to pc and if i would be able to back up saves? or was wondering if anyone knew if it is possible to go into it any get the files back?
    Best Answer - Posted by racer0018:

There are ways that you can read the ps3 hard drive in a computer. However i have not found a way to replace the data on one ps3 with anothers data with out doing a data transfer. Why didnt you make a backup before you sent it off to sony. Thanks

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    There are ways that you can read the ps3 hard drive in a computer. However i have not found a way to replace the data on one ps3 with anothers data with out doing a data transfer. Why didnt you make a backup before you sent it off to sony. Thanks

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    is there any way you can connect the old hdd to the new ps3 via cable and do a transfer or restore? its probably not possible to do that, and i have little knowledge on the subject, but i guess its worth a try.

I have not found a way to do that as well. The only thing that I have found to data transfer is to do it from one ps3 to another. But not from a old hard drive to a new one besides making a backup while in the ps3.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News