Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Cool [Answered] PS3 RSOD Questions help?

Sponsored Links
    So I am absolutely certain that the answer I am seeking lies somewhere in this labyrinth of forums, but I have searched and cant quite get the specific info I need. I have a Phat PS3, 80GB with a RSOD.

I left the US for about 2 years, only to return to this demise as the system had not been used during that time. I downloaded the 355-NOTHEROS-RSOD.PUP, through the recovery menu under software update. I put it on a USB as this: PS3/UPDATE/355-NOTHEROS-RSOD.PUP.

I entered recovery mode, clicked on PS3 UPDATE, and the PS3 tried to find the software but it is asking for software of 4.60 or higher. I thought maybe renaming the file to PS3UPDATE.PUP or whatever Sony would call it, would help, but it just said Corrupted Data with what I believe is an error code.

Please offer me some guidance! I am a noob at the forum, but I am technically savvy enough to figure this out, just need the right information and guidance. Thanks!
    Best Answer - Posted by metzen:

You could very possibly have it spoofed. Why not try the 999 downgrader and let us know what results you get. Here is a link:

http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-cfw-mfw/r...owngrader-out/

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    your ps3 is probably on 4.60 ofw, then go download ofw 4.60 then use that pup file to install on your ps3 then it should be fixed!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I tried installing the latest ofw from the Sony website. My PS went through the motions, but still loaded up RSOD. Any other potential fixes?

You will need a hardware flasher to fix it or send it to Sony

What was the firmware on your ps3 before it rosd on you? It sounds like a mismatched syscon.

You could very possibly have it spoofed. Why not try the 999 downgrader and let us know what results you get. Here is a link:

Quote Originally Posted by ripplar View Post
    What was the firmware on your ps3 before it rosd on you? It sounds like a mismatched syscon.
    Well, thats a good question. I left in May of 2012, and it most likely stayed on the most current update at that time. I cant confirm, nor deny, that my wife or anyone else using it during the time I was away had updated if prompted to by Sony. So, I dont have an answer for that, except the last knon CFW was in May of 2012, whatever would have been current then, through Sony.

Quote Originally Posted by ripplar View Post
    Well, thats a good question. I left in May of 2012, and it most likely stayed on the most current update at that time. I cant confirm, nor deny, that my wife or anyone else using it during the time I was away had updated if prompted to by Sony. So, I dont have an answer for that, except the last knon CFW was in May of 2012, whatever would have been current then, through Sony.

I havent clicked on the link yet, but can this 999 downgrader be utilized during RSOD?
    Last edited by fireslayer805; 07-29-2014 at 09:25 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

It should let you downgrade to 3.55 then search for 3.55 rsod pup and use it. I had a rsod once and fixed it that way.

Good luck

So just to confirm, the 999 downgrader can work from RSOD? Do I just execute it as a software update via usb from the recovery menu?

Quote Originally Posted by metzen View Post
    You could very possibly have it spoofed. Why not try the 999 downgrader and let us know what results you get. Here is a link

So I ran the 999 downgrader with instructions, basically taking the 999 file and renaming to the PS3UPDAT.PUP file, then putting on USB blah blah blah, and from recovery mode I selected Software Update and it began checking and came back with "Data is Corrupted (8002F2C5)". Any ideas?
    Last edited by fireslayer805; 07-30-2014 at 04:34 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News