Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[UnAnswered] PS3 reports wrong free space on external HDD help?

Sponsored Links
    hi guys!! i have some backup games on my external hdd. i deleted all of them living me more than 100GB+ worth of free space which was confirmed when i plug it on my computer. but when i plug it to my ps3, it tells me that i only have 9GB worth of free space. has anybody encountered this problem before?? please help!!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Where did you check your capacity on the ps3? On Multiman (if you use that) or on the xmb?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i checked it in both sir, in the xmb, i press triangle then details. still its showing 9GB only of free space. then when i check it in multiman, still the same. but when its on my computer, it correctly reads the free space and i can still put a lot of files on it.

If you running Windows, make sure to check drive for errors.

Well there might be something wrong in it. You should check it.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Tidusnake666 View Post
    If you running Windows, make sure to check drive for errors.
    What he said, a quick way without going through prompts or "My Computer" would be to do this:

Hit start > click Run

type "cmd" > hit enter

(now X is your external disk's drive letter)

in that window, type "chkdsk X: /f"

let that finish, and if that is just a filesystem error, this will fix it. If not, it might be the PS3. I doubt a hard drive controller itself will report an invalid file size - regardless of what is communicating with it.

I had the same problem but thanks to ionbladez "chkdsk X: /f" its all gone, thank you.

If it finds errors you will be asked "convert lost chains to files" select no if you know its just file sytem mistake or yes if you think you lost something, outputs to a folder called "FOUNDxxxx" in root directory.

I chose yes to be sure and there was 400kb folder deleted it and now no problems.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News