Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 Repair Unsucessful for YLOD help?

Sponsored Links
    Hello Forum,

My ps3 got the ylod and instead of fixing myself I thought to get it fixed professionally. So I send my PS3 in and after the diagnostic they said my PS3 has YLOD and the solder needs to be replaced. And then after few days I was told that the repair was unsuccessful. Here is what I got as reply "It looks like the YLOD persisted after the solder under the RSX chip was repaired. This is pretty rare but is most likely caused when another component on the board is malfunctioning. Because of this it is beyond the scope of our repair services."

So I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and if there is anything that can be done to get the ps3 to life. I do not want to spend money on a new and that is why thought to get it fixed professionally and use it for another year or so.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
    Best Answer - Posted by ufl1138:

I'm curious what evidence you have that they tried to fix it. Did you receive a refund? What did you try yourself before sending it in, anything?

FWIW I just fixed my own YLOD by putting the motherboard (ONLY!) in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, on convection mode, for 10 minutes. First I covered it in aluminum foil and cut out a rectangle exposing the CPU/GPU. I'm glad I had some thermal paste on hand before doing it, though, since the heat sinks inevitably separate from the chips when you take apart the unit.

Let me know if you'd like any more details; I'm sorry I couldn't answer your question more directly.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'm curious what evidence you have that they tried to fix it. Did you receive a refund? What did you try yourself before sending it in, anything?

FWIW I just fixed my own YLOD by putting the motherboard (ONLY!) in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, on convection mode, for 10 minutes. First I covered it in aluminum foil and cut out a rectangle exposing the CPU/GPU. I'm glad I had some thermal paste on hand before doing it, though, since the heat sinks inevitably separate from the chips when you take apart the unit.

Let me know if you'd like any more details; I'm sorry I couldn't answer your question more directly.
    Last edited by ufl1138; 01-28-2013 at 10:59 PM Reason: Edit first line

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News