Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Exclamation [UnAnswered] PS3 Refuses to "Quit Game"

Sponsored Links
    Hey Guys,

My PS3 has worked like a charm for as long as I have owned it, which is a little longer than a year. Just recently, it started acting up. Sometimes it has problems entering the game, I access the XMB and press the game button, but a blank screen appears and the only way to fix it is by restarting the entire system. Any help?

Also, this certainly happens every time I use my system now: I press "Quit Game" after holding the PS button, but another blank screen appears, the PS3 eventually makes a high-pitch triple "beep" noise, and the system automatically restarts itself.

Ultimately, this brings me to where I want to be, it just takes longer. The problem is that I just bought Call of Duty: World at War, the game prompts you to update the system with firmware 1.02, and when I press "OK" to continue; the system restarts itself and can't complete the update process.

I would appreciate any help, because I am just itching to get into the Call of Duty multiplayer action. Thanks!

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by mgover407 View Post
    The problem is that I just bought Call of Duty: World at War, the game prompts you to update the system with firmware 1.02, and when I press "OK" to continue; the system restarts itself and can't complete the update process.
    Very strange... perhaps try to update the System Software via USB stick (or you can burn it to CD-R) versus from the CoD disc. If you can't get the 1.02 from your disc, you can grab it from the downloads section. Worth a try anyway

Sponsored Links

no luck

Sponsored Links
    I tried this, but the system told me that there is no applicable data on the USB drive.. any other suggestions? Thanks anyway.

That sounds like it's not seeing the update on your stick... it is in here?

PS3 > UPDATE > [Update File]

Yeah, I had it in the format PS3>UPDATE>PS3UPDAT.PUP

that's how it should be done, correct?

Yep, that is the correct directory path... also make sure the folders are UPPER CASE.

Darn, well it looks like I will be contacting sony support to see if I can have it repaired or replaced. It's not under warranty so I will be paying a fabulous fee of $150, oh joy! Well, thanks for the help. Do you have any suggestions for the repair/replace fiasco that I hear of?

Lightbulb

Not really, but before I would send it in I'd exhaust all other ideas. Perhaps the PS3 is stuck in some type of 'glitch' state... did you try these ideas?

[Register or Login to view links]

[Register or Login to view links]

Hard Reset Procedure for the PS3 (as instructed by Sony CS):

Be sure to backup your settings/games saves by doing a System > Backup on your PS3 or you may lose your game saves! Also, this is a last resort procedure prior to exchanging/returning to sony.

1. Power Off the PS3 via the power switch in back and power back on w/switch.

2. Hold Power Button on the Front until you hear 3 beeps.

3. Then go through the initial setup and then run a full Format via System > Format. (will take approx 3 1/1 hours). You may need to have our AV cables ready if your using HDMI (in case HDMI isn’t detected after initial reset).

4. Restore your backup you made prior to doing factory/hard reset (optional, if you created a backup).

Sounds good I guess, I will try that, hopefully it will work!

Thanks and I will get back to you with the results.

Banned User
    What firmware are you currently on??? 1.00??

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast