Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Question [Answered] PS3 Reflow and IHS help?

Sponsored Links
    So I've been watching Videos on youTube and there's just so many stuff and different stories.

I was wondering, If a PS3 has YLOD , can you just clean under the IHS of a CPU or GPU and get it back Working ? Do you ever need to touch under there and can u use Artic silver there or just on top (between the heatsink and the chip) ?

I've been reflowin PS3 and sometimes those don't even last long and YLOD comes back so now im thinking to start cleaning under the IHS and replace the thermal paste there but don't know if its worth the extra work

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    YLOD ALWAYS will be back as that is hardware fault a solder over time gets weaker and oxides ,reflow in my opinion is waste of time and money rebaling is way to do it , and yes after time u have to replace compound under IHS same time as on top preferably and arctic silver is not that good there are better ones like NT-H1 second after liquid metal , and do not use liquid metal as it destroys surface

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    So NT-H1 is the best period ? and whats good about it? I used arctic silver on my hack console and still saw my CPU reaching 80 degrees Celsuis like my none open Ps3. The only way I've been able to cool it down is using a Fan Mod inside of the console and its little noisy but I don't see the temp going up past 60 anymore but still afraid YLOD will comeback and reball means spending more money.

if reball is out of your option, then forget about fixing your hackable console and buy a new one. Also removing the IHS on CPU side (CellBE) may fix your temperature problems and replace the thermal compound. I used AS MX-5
    Last edited by niwakun; 10-06-2013 at 08:15 PM

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News