Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

[Answered] ps3 red screen of death help

Sponsored Links
    I have a ps3 red screen of death.. is there anyway to stop it or troubleshoot the problem ? if so please help
    Best Answer - Posted by laggmaster:

yeah now that i've seen your pic i still think that you may be able to Patch the problem with a long enough heat gun blast... but i would suggest trying your local electronics or videogame stores they sometimes offer repair services (though sometimes they don't and your just SOL)... some close up pics of your motherboard components would be nice... oh yeah i forgot what firmware are you on?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    ok, i can try to help you but i need a little info:

1. what model ps3 do you have (phat/slim,GB,special bundel moddel?)
    2. have you ever had any YLOD problems
    2.5 if you had a YLOD did you try the baking method to fix it?
    3. what do you do when you get the RSOD?(can you provide a video?)

hmm maybe an exploit in the works here.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    1. the model that i have is the ao1 60 gig but i do notice it more on the older systems . i put the pic on what i see
    2. yes it have yellow light of death problems well when i try to fix it i just use a regular heat gun.

how can i fix this darn problem?
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

rXM68250.jpg  

Ok, i'm not sure because i can't see your attachment until it gets approved but since your on a 60gb and it has had heat issues so you used the heat-gun method (i call it baking because that's how i use to fix old mobo's) so some of your connections may have broken, i think that my advice is try baking it again but in my oppinion thats only a patch not a permanent solution...

found this for you guys

it says "a serious error has occurred. Please contact technical support for assistance"

yeah sounds like there were bubbles in your solder somewhere and people usually just tell you to do the "Heat Gun Trick' if your more experienced with soldering there are a few other routs you can take such as trying to re-solder your connections manually

How are you getting the RSOD same way as the video?

sorry hadn't heard much about RSOD before today, that video makes it sound like the hardware isn't getting routed on the mainboard which could mean that bubbles in the solder finally popped somewhere and you're not getting a connection...

or i could be completely wrong and it could be a firmware glitch that you cant fix because the firmware was incompatible with "your" hardware...
    Last edited by laggmaster; 05-12-2010 at 07:54 AM

yea somewhat in the video have ? but not really sure what happening in mine. when i called sony it no help but i am afraid to bring it in for repair because i already messed with couple of things in there ?

i am so confused right now.. plus i was wondering if the sercet menu would work for it but that one guy say that menu didn't help hime at all.
    Last edited by jamesnesc709; 05-12-2010 at 08:02 AM Reason: adding

i hadnt heard of it until today either, but apparently a few people have wrote this and it works... you need to go into the secret menu on the ps3 (i don't know if thats what its really called but thats what others call it) video:

and then it says to try using options 3 then 4 then 5 (if one works dont need to try next) give it a try (if u haven't already) give it a try let us know

was posting this just as you posted yours lol... try it anyway.

well when you send it into Sony you probably won't get yours back if you have noticeably modified anything inside, but you had already done the heatgun trick instead of sending it into sony for proper repair... you could try finding a local gameconsole repair shop, if they are a sony certified repair shop then they should be able to fix it and hopefully they would be cool enough to leave you on 3.15 so you can access OtherOS... but like i say the heat gun method just may work for you.

Oh and by the way craig2k9 that really isn't a secret a lot of people know about it and sony will tell you about it if you call them and they have you troubbleshooting the system for a multitude of problems.
    Last edited by laggmaster; 05-12-2010 at 08:12 AM

i work in a pc repair shop.. we have an engineer that is sony certified and comes once a week to pick consoles up.. i'll ask him today on the phone!

yeah i know its not a secret.. i'm just saying that's what they called it on youtube lol! i was giving him the video in case he didn't know how to get into it.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News