Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by craig2k9 View Post
    that is what you do lol.. i read over that again.. when they come and pick your one up. they also drop you of a refurb system as well.
    that's great then i didn't think they were doing this with the ps3 becasue of all the people buying faulty ones from ebay in the hope they going to get a working system on the for paying a low price for the broken one.

Quote Originally Posted by laggmaster View Post
    yeah now that i've seen your pic i still think that you may be able to Patch the problem with a long enough heat gun blast... but i would suggest trying your local electronics or videogame stores they sometimes offer repair services (though sometimes they don't and your just SOL)... some close up pics of your motherboard components would be nice... oh yeah i forgot what firmware are you on?
    i have 3.10 fw on that system, but i have also noticed some or select few get it when they bootup the system.

hmm i'm still leaning towards some sort of minor hardware failure like a connection to your AV output.

Quote Originally Posted by laggmaster View Post
    hmm i'm still leaning towards some sort of minor hardware failure like a connection to your AV output.
    it could be a number of things wrong with it. i called sony in the usa and they say i could use the safe mode menu but the guy told me it been unsuccessful. from the cases it could be the motherboard is bad ports, etc. but that is what they told me.

craig2k9 well if i know were the eprom chip is just maybe i can flash it. see i do repair computers here is the usa florida.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesnesc709 View Post
    it could be a number of things wrong with it. i called sony in the usa and they say i could use the safe mode menu but the guy told me it been unsuccessful. from the cases it could be the motherboard is bad ports, etc. but that is what they told me.

craig2k9 well if i know were the eprom chip is just maybe i can flash it. see i do repair computers here is the usa florida.
    yeah, the heatgun method like i mentioned in the past is only a patch and has been known to cause more problems down the line for some... it may just be useful for you to buy a new MOBO and swap out the nand and eeprom chips to the new board... see if that fixes your problem... and if its not that then its probably a software glitch not a hardware problem.

Question

another question, how can i fix the drive mechanism for blu-ray drive?

Arrow

google is your friend:

thank you for the videos, but that only for repairs for the laser replacement ? i am looking how to fix the drive mechanism that insert and eject the disc if that beak or other problems about the drives.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123