Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28



  1. #11
    Senior Member jamesnesc709's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    234
    Sponsored Links

    Unhappy

    Sponsored Links
    yea, but when i call sony up about the red screen they didn't say anything about the troubleshooting menu at all.. right away they wanted me to send it in for repairs.

  2. #12
    Contributor laggmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    159
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesnesc709 View Post
    yea but when i call sony up about the red screen they didn't say anything about the troubleshooting menu at all right away they wanted me to send it in for repairs .
    Yes because they know you have a ps3 capable of running linux if you are on FW3.15 or lower and some people are working on an exploit to try and hack the ps3 through linux... basically sony wants you to send in you console so they can make sure you have the newest firmware, a lot of people would tell you that this was in response to these rebbel hackers exploiting linux but thats only half the story, the truth is that sony has been trying to phase out linux support for the ps3 for a long time and stoped making it a standard in the ps3 with the slim moddels... they used the hackers as a scapegoat to finaly pull it from the system....

    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

    user167662_pic637_1273659809.gif  
    Last edited by laggmaster; 05-12-2010 at 08:32 AM

  3. #13
    Contributor craig2k9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    49
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    ok just off the phone to the engineer there..

    basically what he told me is... that the problem lies within the bios of the ps3. the engineer knows what they need todo to fix it.. but basically cant because it is todo with the nand or eprom? not sure what they are but thats what gives you the problem. he told me that needs to be sony that fixes it. thats what hes told me sorry =(

  4. #14
    Senior Member jamesnesc709's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    234
    craig2k9 if you talk to the guy please ask him about my problem. and also on ebay i been seeing alot of ps3 systems that have the red screen of death. i just want to see if i could fix them. would they still work on if it been open or tamper with ??
    Last edited by jamesnesc709; 05-12-2010 at 08:38 AM

  5. #15
    Contributor craig2k9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    49
    i already have mate.. basically what you need to do to fix it is flash the nand/eprom... which we cant do.. if we could im sure we would have had the ps3 hacked along time ago ... keep ahold of it you never know what might happen

    edit: i don't know how it works where your from, but i'm in scotland, when i had to claim mine in warrenty they gave me a date when i would be in and they organized it so someone would come and pick it up and i would give them the broken one. works the same way when paying for it... and the guy that came to the door dosen't even check the serial number or anything
    Last edited by craig2k9; 05-12-2010 at 08:42 AM

  6. #16
    Senior Member jamesnesc709's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by craig2k9 View Post
    i don't know how it works where your from...
    i live in the usa in florida..

  7. #17
    Contributor craig2k9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesnesc709 View Post
    i live in the usa in florida..
    i don't know how it works over there sorry. sony will probably send you a refurbished system out for $150 or they may repair it.. i know we pay 150 over here for a refurbished system which is a lot of money... i can buy a brand new ps3 slim for 220 - 230 i'm just going to do that if mine breaks again

  8. #18
    Senior Member Osirisx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by craig2k9 View Post
    i already have mate.. basically what you need to do to fix it is flash the nand/eprom... which we cant do.. if we could im sure we would have had the ps3 hacked along time ago ... keep ahold of it you never know what might happen

    edit: i don't know how it works where your from, but i'm in scotland, when i had to claim mine in warrenty they gave me a date when i would be in and they organized it so someone would come and pick it up and i would give them the broken one. works the same way when paying for it... and the guy that came to the door dosen't even check the serial number or anything
    it's a shame they dont give you a replacement at the time of the guy came to collect your system. sony used to do that with the orignial playstation back all them years ago.. all you had to do was give sony the serial number of the faulty system.

  9. #19
    Contributor craig2k9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by Osirisx View Post
    it's a shame they dont give you a replacement at the time of the guy came to collect your system. sony used to do that with the orignial playstation back all them years ago.. all you had to do was give sony the serial number of the faulty system.
    that is what you do lol.. i read over that again.. when they come and pick your one up. they also drop you of a refurb system as well.

  10. #20
    Contributor laggmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    159
    yeah now that i've seen your pic i still think that you may be able to Patch the problem with a long enough heat gun blast... but i would suggest trying your local electronics or videogame stores they sometimes offer repair services (though sometimes they don't and your just SOL)... some close up pics of your motherboard components would be nice... oh yeah i forgot what firmware are you on?

 

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News