Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Question [Answered] PS3 really using Fat32 internally?

Sponsored Links
    External needs to be Fat32, but I'm curious to know if that PS3 60gb itself is using fat32 partition?
    Best Answer - Posted by eternal:

The PS3 HDD uses the CFS (Cell File System) which we can't read 100% successfully yet.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Externally use the FAT32 as is the most extended system on USB sticks, Memory as SD, MMC, Compact Fash, etc.
    this is for interchange information with other systems.

Internally use his own partition and encripted system that only has sony know how work, there is no way yet to view the content of the internal disk outside the PS3. (and iniside the PS3 we show trought the XMB)

Regards
    Spirax

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    The PS3 HDD uses the CFS (Cell File System) which we can't read 100% successfully yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ATT View Post
    has anyone try formating a hard drive inside the PS3 and then moving it to a USB enclosure? if it worked only way to write on it , will be to use the PS3 proxy but @ least we may be able to break the 4GB limit.
    I think someone on these forums tried that and when the hard drive was attached back to the PS3 it asked to format it first. I use Vilvic Media Center to transfer HD content to my PS3 hard drive, the biggest file I've transfered is 19Gb.

There are 2 points to note, 1 the transfer progress bar goes straight to 100% but its still working. It will tell you when its finished transfering. Point 2 is you lose the ability to scan through the movie backwards or forwards.

I've transferred LOST in HD which was 1GB and that transferred ok (progress bar) and can scan back and forwards but that was only a 1GB file.

Quote Originally Posted by B4tm4n View Post
    I think someone on these forums tried that and when the hard drive was attached back to the PS3 it asked to format it first. I use Vilvic Media Center to transfer HD content to my PS3 hard drive, the biggest file I've transfered is 19Gb.

There are 2 points to note, 1 the transfer progress bar goes straight to 100% but its still working. It will tell you when its finished transfering. Point 2 is you lose the ability to scan through the movie backwards or forwards.
    I guess you refer to MPEG2 files. I think this is not possible with mp4 files.

J

Quote Originally Posted by eternal View Post
    I've transferred LOST in HD which was 1GB and that transferred ok (progress bar) and can scan back and forwards but that was only a 1GB file.
    You lose functionality for files over 4Gb, but they play.

Quote Originally Posted by jagaskywalker View Post
    I guess you refer to MPEG2 files. I think this is not possible with mp4 files.

J
    Yes I have only used Mpeg2 files. I haven't had any mp4 files over the 4Gb limit so can't say for sure, but I can't see why they wouldn't transfer and play. Have you tried with large mp4 files ?
    Last edited by B4tm4n; 05-10-2007 at 08:53 AM

stupid quation but what file format are lost and the 19gb files? ive also tried sending a few files including a blu ray ripped file to ps3 hdd but cant get it to play em.

im on fw 1.50 btw if that makes any diffreance

Quote Originally Posted by Yaka View Post
    stupid quation but what file format are lost and the 19gb files? ive also tried sending a few files including a blu ray ripped file to ps3 hdd but cant get it to play em.

im on fw 1.50 btw if that makes any diffreance
    All files I use are .ts files remuxed to .mpg files with VLC.

The ripped bluray can be played, I think, if your firmware is 1.7. Do a search on the site and you'll find the info on it.
    Last edited by B4tm4n; 05-11-2007 at 10:03 AM

Cell File System? WTH. I can't see any reason for an FS to be named after a Processor.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News