Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 randomly RSOD'd help?

Sponsored Links
    Turned it own today and got a RSOD. Tried reinstalling Rebug 3.55.2, no luck, I managed to reinstall the CFW but still got RSOD. The last thing I did on my PS3 was put Portal 2 in it using FTP, 2 days ago. The game worked fine with the eboot fix, I played it for a few hours.

Any idea of what happened or how to fix it?

Its a PS3 Slim and I've been using it for 2 years.
    Last edited by BluRay; 10-11-2012 at 10:36 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Best Answer - Posted by pandulce1:

If the HDD swap doesn't work for you, try searching for FactoryServiceMode_Lv2diag_RSOD.rar. You should find the archive (or file) and instructions on how to use it. This is said to be the best and safest way to fix a RSOD PS3 (as far as I know), but it didn't work for me. I ended up using 355-NOTHEROS-RSOD.PUP and rsodfix.gnpdrm.pkg, which I read should not be used because there is a high chance of perma-bricking your console. Read up on that and if you do decide to try it, do it as a last resort.

This is what I did.

1. Installed 355-NOTHEROS-RSOD.PUP from the RECOVERY MENU.
    2. Installed rsodfix.gnpdrm.pkg from XMB.
    3. Ran rsodfix. (the instructions say to reboot the PS3 after this but I didn't)
    4. Installed Rogero CFW from XMB.

I didn't think it would work, but it did. The RSOD reappeared two weeks later so I had to repeat the process, but it hasn't happened since.

You should be able to toggle FSM with an E3 Card Reader. I bought one just for that same reason, although I have a phat PS3 so I don't know if there are any compatibility issues with the slim.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    try replace it with a working hard drive, see if it works.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I have a friend with a PS3 on FW 4.21, If I borrow his HD, I can just format it and use it on my PS3 right? If that doesn't work, any other idea? Is there a chance my PS3 got bricked beyond repair?

Assuming the HDD thing doesn't work, I would like to try this RSOD Fix:
    • Copy the .self in this release to the root of a USB flash drive.
    • Rename the file to Lv2diag.self.
    • Place the flash drive in the right most USB port.
    • Toggle FSM.
    • Boot PS3
    • During FSM boot, the Lv2diag.self will execute.

Is there actually any method of getting into FSM on a RSOD PS3?

You can use any sata laptop hard drive. The ps3 will format the hard drive for you.

If the HDD swap doesn't work for you, try searching for FactoryServiceMode_Lv2diag_RSOD.rar. You should find the archive (or file) and instructions on how to use it. This is said to be the best and safest way to fix a RSOD PS3 (as far as I know), but it didn't work for me. I ended up using 355-NOTHEROS-RSOD.PUP and rsodfix.gnpdrm.pkg, which I read should not be used because there is a high chance of perma-bricking your console. Read up on that and if you do decide to try it, do it as a last resort.

This is what I did.

1. Installed 355-NOTHEROS-RSOD.PUP from the RECOVERY MENU.
    2. Installed rsodfix.gnpdrm.pkg from XMB.
    3. Ran rsodfix. (the instructions say to reboot the PS3 after this but I didn't)
    4. Installed Rogero CFW from XMB.

I didn't think it would work, but it did. The RSOD reappeared two weeks later so I had to repeat the process, but it hasn't happened since.

You should be able to toggle FSM with an E3 Card Reader. I bought one just for that same reason, although I have a phat PS3 so I don't know if there are any compatibility issues with the slim.
    Last edited by pandulce1; 10-12-2012 at 11:32 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News