Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[UnAnswered] Ps3 Random Crashes help?

Sponsored Links
    My ps3 is crashing randomly when I enter and exit applications or when I'm messing with something in the ps3 menu. It never crashed when I simply launch the backup manager and load a game (I've played a game for like 8h straight 2 days ago), but if I enter / exit the backup manager a couple of times It crashes, either when I'm entering the backup manager or when I'm launching the game.

I'm using 3.41 with the latest PL3 which I compiled myself and Multiman as a backup manager. I've jailbroken my ps3 a few days ago, from the original factory 2.36 firmware. The crash is usually a complete black screen with no response from the ps3 (although it crashed in a game once when I've entered the ps3 menu through the PS button). I've the CECHK01 model with upgraded HD to 500gb. Any Idea what might be wrong?

Thanks a lot

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    you better go into recovery menu and fix the firmware by selecting the rebuild database option.. Also i would suggest that you update to the new 3.41 fw if you have the old one.

There were two 3.41 fws released. The 1st caused problems upgrading the hdd.. Install the new one if you are on old one.. Else rebuild database and you should be good to go.. Rep me if i helped...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Try this version of 3.41: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/downlo...o=file&id=4285

Also try a different Payload, like Hermes v4b. I have been using that since it was available and haven't had any stability issues. What are you using to JB your PS3?

You should commit to one of the newer dongleless solutions.

Nah, I like KaKaRoTo's way of coding, so no changing to Hermes, and besides that most people never had crashes with the pl3 payload. I'm using a teensy2.0++ to jailbreak. I will try the recovery menu as soon as I finish a game I'm playing, since I will lose all my savegames. About the dongleless solution, I'm not touching that with a ten foot pole for at least 6 monthes. I like being in the safe side of things. No bleeding edge for me. Any other ideas or insights that help me find out why this problem is happening, please share.

Ah, and I forgot to say, I'm using the fixed version of 3.41, not the faulty one.
    Last edited by Preceptor; 01-27-2011 at 04:27 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News