Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    hey guys, sorry for the delay. had some issues with my puppy all sorted now.

anyway I digress, I have now received my additional PS2's - 2 phat, 1 Slim. I have the afternoon off now so work shall begin :-)
    models are as follows;

PS2 Phat - SCPH 30003 R PAL
    PS2 Phat - SCPH 39003 PAL
    PS2 Slim - SCPH 79003 PAL

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Awesome! You gonna chip those or softmod? I actually have a few Matrix Infinity chips laying around that are still brand new after 6 years.

NM, I see the this Free MC Boot thing negates the need for a chip anymore. I still have 2 PS2s with Crystal chips.
    Last edited by moja; 11-09-2011 at 11:00 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    yes I'm goin to mod them. goin to build first, check functionality then worry about the mods. but hopefully will be looking at;

+ PS3 with two internal HDD's for dual boot - still wondering how to implement a way to switch from which HDD id being used
    + PS2 with internal HDD for both PS1 and PS2 games.

Thank you very much moja, I will look in to the chips and MC Boot. could be interested in taking them off your hands.

I have tried the MC Thing before but it was about 4 years ago but don't think it went to well. think I still have it somewhere. 32mb with mini USB connection rings a bell, and I'm sure I still have Swap Magic disc's with lid clips for the slim.

which in your opinion is the best for Booting games from HDD? bearing in mind I would like to use the largest capacity HDD available and have the ability to back-up both PS1 and PS2 games from the disc drive.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well, regardless of which method you use to mod the PS2, use opensploader or an hdloader elf (that's what I still use). They work just fine. From my memory (I haven't booted up my ps2 in ages), hdloader allows you to rip and play games just fine.

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News