Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[UnAnswered] ps3 problem help?

Sponsored Links
    when i back switch on the ps3 the green light on and beep continue with green light on then off with beep no standby with red light. Change the power supply but no luck, is this mobo controller ic problem ?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Please describe your problem clearly and more exact. I don't get what your problem is with the green light.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    when he powers the ps3 it beeps as usual and the green led lits up, but then to off (red led) i think he means.

Have you tried entering the recovery menu? i had similar problems long time ago and it was due to an update halted becouse i hadent any bd drive inside, switched hdd and it started to do this, try entering the recovery menu and the option that doesn't format the ps3, would be a great start.

EDIT oh yea please be more specific about the problem when posting a new thread, this is for everyone and it makes it so much easier to get help when you dont have to start asking what/how/when/where? etc ^^

Good Luck
    Last edited by EiKii; 12-07-2010 at 06:23 AM

The first thing you should do is open your console and clean it from the dust. To make sure, your console isn't overheating and you may damage something.

indeed, just be aware that you will void youre warranty, if you have one that is, just giving a heads up

Quote Originally Posted by furyali View Post
    when i back switch on the ps3 the green light on and beep continue with green light on then off with beep no standby with red light. Change the power supply but no luck, is this mobo controller ic problem ?
    your description is hard to understand are you saying you use switch at the back, when you put to power on position, you get green light at front (without touching front pad), then it beeps constant then goes off.

I'm guessing it's a 60gb (because these are the only ones with a seperate power eject board) that you've opened console had it in bits (YLOD repair maybe) and simply haven't sat the power eject board back in properly, meaning its jammed with both power and eject buttons are pressed constantly, which would explain why when you power it from back it comes straight on then switches back off.

take lid off and make sure the board is sat correctly over the plastic pins, to test my theory just take lid off and switch on and it should work fine, let me know outcome.

sounds like ylod to me

or cables are loose.

nah you should know as you offer a repair service, that YLOD is from red standby, press on goes green amber flashing red, he is saying it comes on green and beeping after switching on at the back, but as he can't be bothered to let anyone know if the problem is solved or not, plus the vague description of problem, why bother trying to help.

It can be the cables to the HDD, it seems the system "boot" (like in Windows) but than fails. Take a look to the cables and the electrolytic capacitor if some of then went off.

Is there a yellow light? cuz my ps3 did the same without a yellow light But it was YLOD and i fixed it by a heat gun re flow.

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News