Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Thread: PS3 problem

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 problem

Sponsored Links
    I heard on the news that the ps3 might have a compatibility problem with reading ps2 and ps1 games, hopefully it isn't as bad as it sounds.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Cause i've moved to Curacao for my study and diddn't bring my PS2/PS1 i can only confirm FF12 to work

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yeah there seems to be rumors about backwards compatibility issues with several PS2/PS1 games. On the bright side, Sony aims to fix all these issues with a firmware upgrade before the launch on friday, so it shouldn't be too major a problem.

As many as they can, the Guitar Hero bug wont be fixable... at least by firmware updates.

In all honesty, I own like 2 PS1 games and as long as they both work (or more importantly just FF VII) then I could care less. There are no PS2 games I care enough about to be saddened if they wont run on the PS3. I did however want to get MK Armageddon as that looks sweet.

I can't find my FFVII so i gues i forget it in The Netherlands, if i find it i can check it for you, but i got a JAP PS3 and a JAP FFVII so i dont know if the USA or EUR version will work if it works.

PS3 Square Button

I've checked out Tales of the Abyss (JAP), FF12 (JAP), KH2(USA). However, the US games don't play on the JAP ps3. The Japanese PS3 is still region locked for ps1 and ps2 games, and some of the odd japanese ps2 games play without sound. However some of these games are fixed by not using an hdmi cable... However, some of the games also don't work. Sony plans on fixing some of these problems in a later update. anyway, thats the situation.

I got great news, JAP PS3 runs;

Final Fantasy VII
    Final Fantasy VIII
    Final Fantasy IX

All Japanese and all the original first PS1 release.

Final Fantasy XII

Japanese to and of course the first version, not a other version out anyway.

I read today that only 200 games run improperly or don't work at all. Which is something like 2% of all games. Could be worse.

yes but some are large release titles such as Gran turismo 4 and Tekken 5 so the problem will widely affect PS3 consumers which will = a lot of ticked off gamers.

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News