Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb [Answered] Ps3 PKG File (No owner) ?

Sponsored Links
    Hi All

I noticed something in all the games that I have tested. The Only games that have worked are the ones that have a "owner" flagged in the information when you load the game.

anybody seen this? When I did more info, it has a scroll text that goes something like....you can play this game even if you are not the owner, but if all owners are removed, game will not work

that comes up for every one of the Store games that we have captured so far that don't work.

I am not a programmer or anything like that but....people who understand this....does that make sense? maybe all that needs to happen is ..someone needs to compile something to have owner added as whatever name...and probably all the games would work?

Its 3am, and i'm probably smoking something I shouldn't thats probably why things don't make sense...but hey,...trying.

Edit: Installed Tekken5 full...and same thing... File has No Owner and remaining time is -

does anybody agree with me or know if buy adding something to the game like another pkg on top like (activation) that it will allow individuals to play?
    Best Answer - Posted by VendeTTaa:

Yep, this is the kind of info the activation file adds. Its not quite as simple as making a file to work for us, we have encryption etc to worry about. Until there are some substantial steps forward in the scene you probably cant expect to be able to play these games using the F@H method.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Makes sense to me, I've noticed that before. I don't think its going to be any sort of easy thing to fix though...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yep, this is the kind of info the activation file adds. Its not quite as simple as making a file to work for us, we have encryption etc to worry about. Until there are some substantial steps forward in the scene you probably cant expect to be able to play these games using the F@H method.

We should consider the PSN game sharing thing. Apparently the owner can share with 5 friends. I wonder if those 5 friends can then share the game with 5 other friends?
    Last edited by onelargeprawn; 03-09-2008 at 08:19 AM

Same here

I have thought about that to I would think there would be a way to edit a file to make it have rights to you but in the long run in the future you know something will be made possible such as a custom firmware or something.

When you click Download on any game that has drm, it downloads an activation file to the ps3. This stays on the console even if the game is deleted, and only gets removed when the console is formatted or de-activated on that account.

Registered User wicked insanity's Avatar
    But, perhaps with the keyvault project soon to be underway; we might gain access to, and be able to edit some files that'll let us play the games. we can only hope!!

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News