Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 Paradox games?

Sponsored Links
    I downloaded a paradox game (Call of duty modern warefare 2) & burn it on a DVD- Dl & i search the web. On a lot of pages it says that ps3 backup can be played now. Can anyone tell me how to o it? Is there any guide on how to do it? Or is this fake?

Tnx for help
    Best Answer - Posted by PS3 News:

Yep, wherever you read that PS3 back-ups can be played is incorrect unfortunately. When there is a way to play them we will update THIS Sticky thread though.

For now, all you can do is download the images and archive them basically for the future when hopefully there is a way to play them.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yep, wherever you read that PS3 back-ups can be played is incorrect unfortunately. When there is a way to play them we will update THIS Sticky thread though.

For now, all you can do is download the images and archive them basically for the future when hopefully there is a way to play them.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thought this might be a good time to ask here. I keep seeing people saying that there are hacked ps3s in china and some other asian countries, is there any truth to this? I believe a company with the resources and the will could "quite easily" hack the system so I have to wonder.

We're definitely in the right place to hear to news as soon as, or very soon after, it breaks I can only imagine how many hits the front page will get on that day.

I have an in-law in Taiwan who is a keen gamer (mandatory note from his point of view: Taiwan is not China), who said that the news of hacked PS3s that he heard had turned out not to be correct. There are PS3 backup games in the markets but he hasn't come across hacked systems. Obviously this is just his experience.

I don't know what to say I am waiting to much time for this. 2 years!
    I'll sell my ps3 & buy something else. Coz I don't have enough money to buy all this games. I have now 4 games.

I've sold a half of my ps3 games and bought a wii LOL

I know it wont help you much but I have kept the possibility of playing backups out of my mind when I decided which vgc to buy.

Its just a matter of time. Look, you have only a certain amount of time to play. At least to me its like I have to (and like to) spend some time with my family. Most of the time I have to work as well. Buying a PS3, even without the possibility to play backups was and still is in my humble opinion a good decision.

There are games like Splinter Cell Conviction which will never make it to the ps3. But you could use the pc.

And games like Uncharted 2 or Little Big Planet are just awesome titles which will take a decent amount of time to master (or to get all achievements). And Darksiders will be Xbox and PS3 which will be time consuming.

Looking at the possibility of game rental or downloading demos makes the PS3 even more time consuming.

What i like to say is ... I dont need so many games. I like to play them thoroughly. Doing so I save a lot of money. The times when I fiddled with vgc, emulators and backup systems are long gone. If you do like the technical aspects ok. But backups are not worth the time, money and hassle (call me a wise guy )

I save money and time ... dont hunt for stuff you wont have the time to enjoy.

regards
    dock

PS: I usually buy DVDs and record the audio at home (old school ). So I have the DVD and the audio track. Another way to save some money and to support the performing artist.

PPS: Sry for being slightly of topic
    Last edited by dock12; 12-30-2009 at 02:16 PM

i hope that it happens soon though... I can't believe that sony put enough security too make it take 3 years to hack a console... thats just a little it insane.

Not only there is no known way to play backups on consumer playstation 3 (and I am somewhat grateful for that) but the so called scene releases are garbage considering they are encrypted (anything inside the USRDIR will be), because such groups dump games from otheros (which runs on top of lv1) the games stiil have the encrypted layer that is decrypted transparently by lv2 (the Game OS) whenever the console is running.

To get a proper dump, someone would need to run code on top of lv2, in order to do that, a debug console or an exploit is required.

Do they really need to be unencrypted?

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News