Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    ps3 isn't hot at all fan is silent on startup then about 6 seconds it will get louder then it will max out very loud thermal paste is put on thin layer and i used a ylod about 3 times used an aoyue 852a.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    You may have damaged the temp sensors, and it may also be a bad reflow on the GPU, if you have more paste clean it all off again and reflow the GPU again. are you using a flux or just doing it dry? i would def get some flux and do it right this time and you may find out it helped. the fan is just doing what it thinks it should be from the readings its getting. the problem lies elsewhere and i would start with reflowing the gpu again personally. do both sides of the chip and make sure you give it plenty of time to cool down before you handle it or you may make things worse.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    yeh i did it dry what flux do i get ?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    a no clean liquid flux pen (radio shack carries them) and also have seen these and not sure if or how well they work but they are cheap enough to experiment with..

http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-he...lp-119971.html

ok i got flux fluid, what temp does it have to go to to reflow i have also a aoyue bottom heater so not too sure what bottom heater temps have to be at here's my equiptment: forums.cvxgameconsolerepair.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=1294

not sure on the warmer since i've never used one, but 700-800 degrees F is about what you need to reflow there are plenty of vids on youtube that can show you how to flux the board if you don't know how already (really easy). Just take your time with it and make sure you let it cool completely before handling it. Let me know how it works out and while I was in there i would do the cpu and gpu at the same time.
    Last edited by TheShroomster; 07-05-2011 at 12:15 PM Reason: forgot a sentence

Had a 40GB cechg doing the same (shut down after 30 second with fast fan). I repaired it by removing the heat spreaders from the cpu & gpu, cleaning & replacing the thermal paste. It had been reflowed with no change. Check out youtube on how to remove the heat spreaders. Console has been working perfect since the repair.

I personally don't recommend removing the heat spreaders. you can cause more damage was too easy.

Yeah... I would try replacing the thermal past and bending the tabs on the heatsinks to apply more pressure. You only need a little drop of thermal grease, don't overdo it. Use Arctic Silver.

Quote Originally Posted by TheShroomster View Post
    I personally don't recommend removing the heat spreaders. you can cause more damage was too easy.
    Normally i wouldn't either, but that was what repaired my console. I'm guessing a lack of contact between the CPU/GPU and heatspreaders is what causes this problem. Try it as a last resort. And just trying to help and share my experience. It saved me buying a new machine.

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News