Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PS3 Overheating

Sponsored Links

Question [UnAnswered] PS3 Overheating

Sponsored Links
    I'm looking to buy a PS3 and can anyone tell me if it really does overheat to easily?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    WOW!!!!! who has told you the ps3 overheats to easily? yea some of the 1st of the 40g models did overheat, but no the ps3 is superb, does your pc overheat?? no it does not not.lol same goes for the PS3.

i can leave mine on all night playing games and no trouble at all. you should not worry about it mate. its not like the xbox where you take it out of the box and its overheated already. Ps3 is a masterclass in sony technology. wee

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    so far there has been no real evidence that the ps3 overheats and has never been any case of it overheating in my xp. so you should be safe in knowing that if you choose to purchase one.

I am in the armed forces and as a result spend up to 3 months under water at any one time. A friend of mine got back from sea to find he had left his PS3 on for 103 days!!! It still works fine so I don't see any over heating problems unless there is a real fault.

Smile haha

thats exactly why im not getting a ps3, a friend got one and not even 2 months later it overheated.

it still has pretty cool games, have they re-released it so it doesn't overheat??
    Last edited by Leafy17; 05-16-2008 at 08:03 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

gee coming from owning a 360 it will be nice to have something that doesn't overheat

had my 80gb for about 5 months and it never Overheated.

It only over heats if the ps3 is in an enclosed case. I once had my ps3 playing inside a carrying case when it started to get hot after about an hour (it was also hot that day). The one thing is that when the ps3 gets to a certain temperature a warning message comes on asking for you to turn off your system to prevent damage.

so yeah just have it be in a open area and don't duct tape the vents to prevent dust like the idiot who did and ended up killing his ps3.

Quote Originally Posted by aussie0275 View Post
    gee coming from owning a 360 it will be nice to have something that doesn't overheat
    Strange... the air coming out of my 360 always feels cool compared to the PS3 which always feels very warm.

Of course, both could be good or bad depending on how you look at it.

i can leave mine on all night playing games and no trouble at all. you should not worry about it mate. its not like the xbox where you take it out of the box and its overheated already. Ps3 is a masterclass in sony technology, shutdown the ps3 system and pressed eject button, and turn on the ps3, this method is for acelerate to maximum velocity fan.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News