Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PS3 overheating

Sponsored Links

Exclamation [UnAnswered] PS3 overheating

Sponsored Links
    well my old ps3 is overheating just like my 360. im sending it back in for another one free of charge at least the ps3 comes with a decent warranty. anybody else had to send theirs back yet?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Nope, my jap ps3 here (here its 38oC) works just fine. no prb. Heat but no lacks!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    ya my ps3 heats up really bad but instead of returning it i bought on of those laptop coolers that u set the ps3 on top and the fans cool it also i run a small fan pointed directly at it and it does the trick.

It's normal for the ps3 to heat. Here the temp can be get around 40oC i the summer. I'll test it! And with a hdd, a GPU, and CPU + the memory at the same area, it should be twice the temp. $ony made a good job at the cooling. Personally i don't think needs extra coolers.

I have it placed vertically (which gives a small advantage), 10cm from the wall. I had RfoM and others for 8 hours, working like charm! Behind the ps3, the air blowing out must be around 60oC when u play. And Jap ps3 made in Japan (if u got it in the Winder) are better than EU, and US made in China!

It doesn't need extra cooling help if it is in a completely open space (i.e. not crammed into a bookcase).

mine has yet to overheat

I have mine on for days with folding running and still never over heat keep in mind its at lease 30 degress+ here in Toronto i would never dare to do that with my 360 as my friend tried and we got the sexy famous RED RING OF DEATH lmfao screw M$ no wonder i had dat flashed

i never had a problem with overheating, but since i have an extra laptop cooler i just used it in case. havent heard much of complaints but i guess it better to be safe. sort of sux my 360 has to have 2 coolers now after i got a false rrod even with 1 cooler.

Well honestly...my PS3 is out of warranty...but I not concerned about it over heating...ever. Mine has ran almost nonstop since I got it, and as long as you have it vertically (standing up) you shouldn't have any problems. Keep it dust free, and DONT SMOKE.

my ps3 IS in a open space and here in vancouver b.c. it is not very hot. My ps3 gets sooo hot that if i were to put my hand on it i would have to pull away within 10 seconds! Maybe its just my ps3 but it is very bad and i would rather be safe than sorry and thats why i have multiple fans, also i waited in line and bought my ps3 on launch day so maybe they have improved them since then.
    Last edited by di4medollaz; 06-20-2007 at 05:50 AM

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News