Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Red Face [Answered] PS3 Overheat question

Sponsored Links
    i noticed when i play a ps2 or ps1 game on my ps3, it gets hot. even with an external fan. so my question is this: how long can i play it before it overheats?
    Best Answer - Posted by acepilot12:

Quote Originally Posted by ati93 View Post
    I don't recomand to do a fan test , it can broke them . If its still garruanted , send your ps3 to sony .
    My Ps3 runs all day and doesn't overheat. You should check/exchange the fan or maybe just give the ps3 more clearance.

I have my Ps3 horizontally and on a table. (Putting on a soft surface, not a smart idea.)

Banned User
    Sponsored Links

re

Sponsored Links
    how long: i don't know. When you think its too hot, turn off, or maybe you will have yellow led.

Sponsored Links

Maybe because the disc

Sponsored Links
    There is some possibilities about your heat problems: have you put your ps3 horizontally or vertically? is on the bottom of some other things? (amplificator dvds...) there is some possibilities that your fan is full of dust, you can use the full speed fan method ( power on your ps3 and keep press the eject button for 5 or more seconds) your fan will go at full spedd ( very loud!) and your ps3 internal dust mybe will go out.
    Try .

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by spumiglia View Post
    There is some possibilities about your heat problems: have you put your ps3 horizontally or vertically? is on the bottom of some other things? (amplificator dvds...) there is some possibilities that your fan is full of dust, you can use the full speed fan method ( power on your ps3 and keep press the eject button for 5 or more seconds) your fan will go at full spedd ( very loud!) and your ps3 internal dust mybe will go out.
    Try .
    I don't recommend to do a fan test , it can break them . If its still guaranteed , send your ps3 to sony .

My Ps3 Run 24/7 On Folding At Home And I Have No Overheating Problems.the Ps3 Is The Best Cooled Console Of All 3 Big One Of The Market.

I find it better to have it standing vertically. Theres more airflow that way, and the heat vents out vertically too. Also, dont be an idiot and put it inside the shelf or cupboard during operation. I've seen too many pictures of people who store it that way.

Good luck

check the fan

Quote Originally Posted by ati93 View Post
    I don't recomand to do a fan test , it can broke them . If its still garruanted , send your ps3 to sony .
    My Ps3 runs all day and doesn't overheat. You should check/exchange the fan or maybe just give the ps3 more clearance.

I have my Ps3 horizontally and on a table. (Putting on a soft surface, not a smart idea.)
    Last edited by acepilot12; 04-12-2009 at 04:54 PM

Take a sweeper and sweep the fans out with the extension. When that's done it should be fine.

can't you add extra fans?

Quote Originally Posted by chrismogz View Post
    can't you add extra fans?
    You probably could if you really wanted to, but if the heat is that much of a problem just get a external fan for it, otherwise don't worry about it, mine gets hot but I'm not fussed if it breaks I will send it back, if it doesn't I don't care.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News