Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 OFW 4.x - installing CFW help?

Sponsored Links
    Hi, new to PS3 stuff, but from what I have read.. to use a CFW without any hardware flashing etc, the prerequisite is always a PS3 with OFW 3.55 or some lower than current OFW currently running on the PS3.

I'm just wondering what with todays news etc, that this prerequiste requirement will now be irrelevant or if a newly purchased PS3 is likely to allow installation of a CFW in the days to come?

Thanks for any advice!
    Best Answer - Posted by some utter:

Any console running firmware later than 3.55 , Needs to be downgraded with hardware afaik , But don't worry it's not amazingly hard.

Find an older ps3 from cash converters etc that's in good condition , Play it for a good few days to make sure it's working as it should , I'd look out for a slim manufactured in 2010 , Then get yourself an E3 with the clip add on , Open the ps3 and flash it , Job done!

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    at moment your correct you do need 3.55 to run a cfw. this could change in the next few days or the coming weeks, however unlikey, nothing is impossible.

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I highly doubt it , if you want cfw /Homebrew , Get an older ps3 with the ability to downgrade to 3.55

Ok, so by 'however unlikely' I assume the LV0 keys don't suddenly allow this to happen.

Now is not the time to go buying a PS3 purely for CFW then?

Thanks

Lv0 keys should make most things possible, but it dont actually mean anyone is working on doing this.

By older PS3, you mean I could buy a FAT PS3 and it can be downgraded without hardware? I'd assumed from what I have read that if its been upgraded beyond a certain firmware it was then impossible to go back.. Is there some kind of list which shows which model PS3 I need to buy to get in on this CFW stuff?

Thanks for the replies. Appreciated.

both fat and slims can have cfw. but at moment anything above 3.55 cant unless you use a hardware flasher to downgrade first.

this could change, try looking for a second hand ps3 already on 3.55. its safer than trying to downgrade

there is a list of PS3 Consoles that are compatible with 3.55, I'll try to find it one min. And in my opinion, First generation slim is probably the best console to have, It's what I have

i agree , but some people prefer their phats, i think its a choice thing.

I couldn't find the list , See it loads of times , Now I can't find it for some reason

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News