Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 OFW 3.55 Fat 250 GB 4 Port USB BC help?

Sponsored Links
    I am thinking of purchasing a Fat ps3 stock 80 gb but 250gb installed. I just wanted to know something or well clarify something?

My questions are

1. it has 3.55 ofw so I should have no problem installing cfw right?
    2. is my ps3 bc for ps2 games and will modding it mess that up?
    Best Answer - Posted by elser1:

you can install 3.55 cfw over 3.55 ofw 100%

i'm not sure about the 80gb consoles being bc for ps2 as im pretty sure they werent released in my country. if you can find out the model number eg cecha01 i can tell you then. but as far as i know cfw doesnt affect the bc so if it came with bc originally it will be ok.

just be careful buying a fat ps3 as the release consoles are poorly designed and have a YLOD fault. make sure the security sticker is still attached where you pull the console apart to ensure it hasnt been repaired already.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    you can install 3.55 cfw over 3.55 ofw 100%

i'm not sure about the 80gb consoles being bc for ps2 as im pretty sure they werent released in my country. if you can find out the model number eg cecha01 i can tell you then. but as far as i know cfw doesnt affect the bc so if it came with bc originally it will be ok.

just be careful buying a fat ps3 as the release consoles are poorly designed and have a YLOD fault. make sure the security sticker is still attached where you pull the console apart to ensure it hasnt been repaired already.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Alright cool. Thanks, the seller has a return policy so I will check it as soon as it gets here. I am guessing there is a tutorial on opening a ps3 so I should be able to do that and check what you said.

I am not too hard-set on it being ps2 backwards compatible I was just curious about that part. I mainly just wanted to make sure I could do what I wanted to do to it which is the cfw before I shelled out the money for it.

if it is bc I will let everyone know if there isn't already a topic for it once I test it.

Thanks for the help.

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News