Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 OFW 3.55 to CFW updating help?

Sponsored Links
    I got a few questions if anyone can help me, after i get my ps3 on ofw 3.55 then i can install a cfw, but, for install the new CFWs i have to install the old versions? or how does it work? i was reading but some people say you can install from 3.55 to 4.30 and another says its very risky and you can brick the console, so what cfw do you guys recommend and whats the best way to install it?
    Best Answer - Posted by windrider42:

That is normal for multiman to return you to XMB after selecting Game.

Then you must click on Disc Icon to play the game. A lot of games require you to have Disc in PS3 before starting the game.

If you update a particular game it won't update you to OFW . Its a Game update, not a System

But to be safe you can use Multiman to check on updates or use PS3 game updater 1.41 - http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...tml#post360012

If you get Black Screen on games, you may also need to set option BD-Mirror in Multiman for that particular game.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It is always safest route to qa flag before updating in case you want to return to 3.55 CFW

If you have ever been downgraded from a higher OFW down to 3.55 then it is good to dehash

So if you want to QA flag, install Rogero 3.7 3.55 CFW , run toggle_qa

If you want to make sure QA flag was set, go to "Network Settings" then apply the following key combo (all at the same time):

L1 + L2 + L3 (press left stick) + R1 + R2 + dpad_down

You should see Edy Viewer, Debug Settings, and Install Package Files if done correctly.

Always make a NOR/Nand dump using multiMAN before installing any CFW to have a recovery backup in case of any bricks.
    Having a valid NOR/Nand dump is an essential step before upgrading, because you will always have a chance to recover when you have a valid dump.

Using Multiman to dump Nor/Nand

To dump NAND/NOR: mmOS->Select any file->Open in HEX viewer->[SELECT]->[START]->DUMP LV2(NO)->DUMP LV1(NO)->DUMP FLASH(YES)

Once you have done that make sure the CFW 4.30 you select is verified using the md5: and install it from XMB or Recovery.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    for make the dump nor/nand using multiman i need install the cfw 3.55? or can use it on the ofw 3.55?

You need the 3.55 CFW to run Multiman

Yep .. you cannot run Multiman or any hombrew app on OFW 3.55 (or any OFW for that matter)...

so I think the steps would start with the installation of Rebug 3.55.4 CFW and then MM -> dump flash -> set qa_toggle -> upgrade to the 4.X CFW of your choice

Make sure you have no disk inside your PS3, just to be sure!

thanks, hmm another question, sorry, i keep looking for rebug cfw 3.55.4 and i found REBUG 3.55.4 REX, both are the same? im fine installing it?

hmm looks like rebug 3.55.4 worked fine , so for multiman, what version should i install? there are lots of them, and with dif sizes, sorry for asking too much.
    Last edited by FULGOREFFXV; 02-02-2013 at 03:35 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Any MM greater than 4.14 would be fine I guess... but you can go all the way and install 4.19 and test if it works

any guide how to install the 4.14 bcuz the size its 298 mb but the multiman 4.19 says 12 mb, its the 4.19 just the update? thanks for all the help guys

i think i installed the 4.14, on that one i can do the QA_toggle? or it have to be 4.19? any advice before i continued?
    Last edited by FULGOREFFXV; 02-02-2013 at 05:59 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Could anyone enlighten me what is exactly this QA flag?

I'm currently at 3.55 cfw, I plan to install 4.30 in the near future, but I would like to have the option to downgrade again to 3.55 later (safely).

i'm doing the dump flash but my ps3 its still on black screen lol ,wonder if something bad happened

looks like its done, got a .bin with 16 mb, its it fine? and for the QA toggle i have to install it or just use the command L1 L2 L3 R1 R2 pad down?

Toggle QA will only work on 3.55 OFW or CFW (Will not work on 4.21/4.30 etc...)

Here’s how to Enable QA Toggle flag:

1. Download QA Toggle pkg
    2. Copy the file to the root of your USB or external HD
    3. Insert your USB/External HD to your PS3
    4. On your PS3, go to “Install package Files” and install the QA Toggle PKG
    5. Once installed, run the “Rebug Toggle QA” on your PS3, (The screen will go Black and you will hear 2 or 3 Beeps and when finished it will go back to the PS3′s XMB, and if error comes up, just repeat this step.)
    6. Go to “Network Settings” (do not open it) then all at the same time, press the following key combo : L1 + L2 + L3 (press left stick) + R1 + R2 + dpad_down (its hard you might want to get an extra hand for this)
    7. If the QA Flag was done correctly, you will see Edy Viewer, Debug Settings, and Install Package Files.

Now we can install either an Official Firmware 3.55 ( do not install any OFW higher than 3.55!), or 3.55 Kmeaw or Rogero 3.55. Here’s How to install Rogero 4.30 on your PS3

i just installed rebug 4.30.1 , im missing something? or with it i would be able to play my backups? any idea
    Last edited by FULGOREFFXV; 02-02-2013 at 07:45 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News