I got a few questions if anyone can help me, after i get my ps3 on ofw 3.55 then i can install a cfw, but, for install the new CFWs i have to install the old versions? or how does it work? i was reading but some people say you can install from 3.55 to 4.30 and another says its very risky and you can brick the console, so what cfw do you guys recommend and whats the best way to install it?
You should see Edy Viewer, Debug Settings, and Install Package Files if done correctly.
Always make a NOR/Nand dump using multiMAN before installing any CFW to have a recovery backup in case of any bricks.
Having a valid NOR/Nand dump is an essential step before upgrading, because you will always have a chance to recover when you have a valid dump.
Using Multiman to dump Nor/Nand
To dump NAND/NOR: mmOS->Select any file->Open in HEX viewer->[SELECT]->[START]->DUMP LV2(NO)->DUMP LV1(NO)->DUMP FLASH(YES)
Once you have done that make sure the CFW 4.30 you select is verified using the md5: and install it from XMB or Recovery.
i'm doing the dump flash but my ps3 its still on black screen lol ,wonder if something bad happened
looks like its done, got a .bin with 16 mb, its it fine? and for the QA toggle i have to install it or just use the command L1 L2 L3 R1 R2 pad down?
Toggle QA will only work on 3.55 OFW or CFW (Will not work on 4.21/4.30 etc...)
Here’s how to Enable QA Toggle flag:
1. Download QA Toggle pkg
2. Copy the file to the root of your USB or external HD
3. Insert your USB/External HD to your PS3
4. On your PS3, go to “Install package Files” and install the QA Toggle PKG
5. Once installed, run the “Rebug Toggle QA” on your PS3, (The screen will go Black and you will hear 2 or 3 Beeps and when finished it will go back to the PS3′s XMB, and if error comes up, just repeat this step.)
6. Go to “Network Settings” (do not open it) then all at the same time, press the following key combo : L1 + L2 + L3 (press left stick) + R1 + R2 + dpad_down (its hard you might want to get an extra hand for this)
7. If the QA Flag was done correctly, you will see Edy Viewer, Debug Settings, and Install Package Files.
Now we can install either an Official Firmware 3.55 ( do not install any OFW higher than 3.55!), or 3.55 Kmeaw or Rogero 3.55. Here’s How to install Rogero 4.30 on your PS3
i just installed rebug 4.30.1 , im missing something? or with it i would be able to play my backups? any idea
Last edited by FULGOREFFXV; 02-02-2013 at 06:45 PMReason: Automerged Doublepost