Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 OFW 3.41 dongle to 4.50 CFW help?

Sponsored Links
    Hello everybody. I'm looking to upgrade to 4.50 CFW.

I've been browsing and reading a lot before opening this thread, so... Instead of asking for full instructions, I will only ask a few things.
    Of course, any help will be much appreciated.

User miziosol said that the proper way to do it will be:

1. OFW 3.55
    2. CFW 3.55
    3. Enable QA flag and check if it is enabled and delete enabler so you don't disable by mistake
    4. Dump EID key with eid key dumper it will help decrypt ps3 HDD in case of ps3 death so data can be retrieved, and transfer it to external usb drive
    5. Check if check sum is correct on downloaded update package and Install CFW of your choice rogero, rebug etc. 4.46
    6. Install corresponding to FW file manager of your choice multiman, iris etc.

I was about to reply to that specific thread, but it's closed.

Well... I still don't get that dump EID key part.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well it's quite simple download eEID_RKDumper.pkg , install it , then run it console will dump eid key to hdd in dev_hdd0/tmp/ it will be file 48b in size named eid_root_key use file manager like multiman and copy it to external hdd/flashdrive. It's important to do it while on 3.55cfw as it only works on 3.55 and that's it

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    If all this sound too complicated to you backup internal Hdd to an External HDD so you can do a HDD restore in case internal drive fail.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks, it may sound more complicated that it actually is, but just in case, what's the proper way of backing up my internal HDD? copy everything w/multiman? thanks

You will never backup everything unless you have couple of weeks time , that IS SIMPLEST WAY extracting eid key , with multiman it will take ages to copy it as there is looooots of small files in large numbers and FAT32 is not efficient with large numbers of small files , besides it sounds more complicated than it is as info provided by me is whole work

thanks a lot! what would you guys recommend? 4.50 habib or wait for a rogero version?

Again would be user choice or choice of CFW

Rogero 4.46 is fine and even if you want online, there are ways of doing so.

Habib CFW 4.50 is fine as well. I haven't heard anything bad. So its up too you

Rogero 4.46 will play all latest games as yet.

Well they are OK , but in my opinion : rebug , rogero , rest

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News