Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 NTSC + PAL, still no way?

Sponsored Links
    Every cheap conventional DVD player can play both. I have many PAL DVDs and it's insanely annoying that I can't play them. And, it's not like the PS3 can't play MPEG-2 @ 25 fps, so why doesn't it play PAL?

I don't see the purpose in any sense - marketing, business, difficulty... That's always been the most damn annoying thing about the PS3. It's completely stupid.

I've looked for the simplest things to mod my PS3 for, or maybe change some hardware. I was even willing to pay good amounts for certain things which is a depth I never go to, but all attempts to no avail.

Has there been ANY breakthroughs with this whatsoever? What is it, completely hack proof of even the smallest things? It's like more secure than the Pentagon, seriously...

It's just so strange because the PS3 gives so much freedom to do so many things, more so than many things in the past, and none of the features can be taken advantage of?

I know I can play PAL discs by installing Linux, but other than that, what I'm asking is to be able to play it using THE PS3 ITSELF. I can just as easily plug in my laptop to my TV, but that's just eww.. That defeats the whole purpose and is hard to get looking even close to as good.

Thanks for your time guys.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yep, nothing has changed yet in this area... you can only play PS3 games region-free, not movies unfortunately.

There are a few older threads that address this in greater detail, worth a search if you're bored, but there is no solution yet basically.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks, and nothing really in terms of decrypting the PS3 HDD has come up, no way to change the sound card or anything specific like that, no way to play burned PS1/PS2 games if you had a modded PS1/PS2 in the past, and the list goes on... Is the PS3 that complicated?
    Last edited by Typhoon859; 03-24-2010 at 07:30 PM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    There are methods to run PS1/PS2 backups on the PS3 from disc and via HDD in the respective Forums here, or check the PS3 Guides section for them.

Aside from those, until the PS3 is unlocked most of the other things have yet to be done. When there are new PS3 hacks or progress it gets posted in the Site News though, so the best advice really is to check it periodically for updates.

Alright, cool. Lastly though, how likely do you think it is for any of those things to happen soon?
    Oh, and which section specifically would it be that I'd be checking? Sorry, as it says under my username, newbie

Thanks again.
    Last edited by Typhoon859; 03-24-2010 at 07:45 PM

Check the PlayStation 3 News and PS3 HDD News sections for them, and at the moment it is anyone's guess what the future holds in terms of PS3 hacks... everyone is hoping for a fully unlocked PS3, custom PlayStation 3 Firmware, a new XMB/dashboard, homebrew, etc but only time will tell what actually develops.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News