Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 not reading blu ray help?

Sponsored Links
    Hello all,

My phat PS3 80gb is not reading blu rays. However, the blu ray laser comes on, and it is STRONG. it SOMETIMES can read games, but not always. Is there anything out of the new exploit that could help me fix this? Maybe a controller reflash or something? It broke after the 3.00 update.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    sounds like the bd drive is going...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Please provide more details, when did the problem started to occur? Did it start to happen after some firmware upgrade? Has it started to happen due to excessive use of PS3?

If it happened after upgrading the firmware, then my friend you are among those unlucky people whose bluray got screwed after firmware update.

There is no hack for this, what you need to do is take your console to a service personnel who will change the bluray lens, other alternate could be try the same at home, but that is one option I don't recommend to people who don't have moderate to advanced knowledge and equipment of electronics.

Your only viable option is take the console to a service personnel.

Try checking the ribbon cables on the drive to make sure they are not loose, and if all else fails You might be able to adjust the bias on the laser and squeeze a few more months out of it.

I know for a fact it can be done with Ps2 as I have repaired and modded at least 17 different ps2s. The little variable resister on the back of the laser assembly is labeled DVD and CD on ps2, so it was easy to adjust it to squeeze a little more life out of the laser to give you time to save and buy another!

hope that helps and good luck (^_^)

Quote Originally Posted by zant View Post
    My phat PS3 80gb is not reading blu rays. However, the blu ray laser comes on, and it is STRONG. it SOMETIMES can read games, but not always. Is there anything out of the new exploit that could help me fix this? Maybe a controller reflash or something? It broke after the 3.00 update.
    no exploits can sort your laser out it's basic wear and tear, you need new laser part number kes 410a laser or kem410aca laser and deck, they are the cheapest lasers available costing around 30

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News