Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 not reading Blu-ray discs help?

Sponsored Links
    After replacing the deck and Laser with a brand new one my PS3 still won't read games or Blu-rays. I makes like a clicking sound when trying to read. But, it sounds like it trying to read them. And The game is brand new no scratches on it.
    Best Answer - Posted by elser1:

i'd send a pm to barrybarryk and ask for his advice. and include a link to this thread for him also. i know he has been back on lately so you may be in luck. he seems to have vast knowledge of these types of problems.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Try with an AUDIO-CD and see if is reading (playing songs). Cleaning those flexible ribbons may help.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    You may need to remarry the blu ray or get a new blu ray immediately check out a guide on remarrying the blu ray to the PS3

Quote Originally Posted by rodq View Post
    Try with an AUDIO-CD and see if is reading (playing songs). Cleaning those flexible ribbons may help.
    Audio CD works And DVDs work. Games and blu-rays still dont.

When I put the game it It makes a funny sound and does not make those sounds on any other media.
    Last edited by jrccomputer; 11-09-2012 at 05:02 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I hate this. I have the same problem. Sounds like it's trying to eject or something but doesn't.

Here is a video:

Put instead of a PS3 game, a transparent disk (from a cd/dvd spindle pack). See if the blue light is pulsing (while the "disk" is spinning).

Check the ribbon from the optical mechanism and the blu-ray board.

Clean all the ribbons/connectors with isopropyl alcohol. Use a multimeter and check the resistance on the ribbon sides, should not be more than 1 ohm resistance.

Ok Did step 1 and 3. Step 1 works and yes blue light is pulsing. And I did step 2. Nothing worked. I don't know how to do step 2.

I have the same problem

i'd send a pm to barrybarryk and ask for his advice. and include a link to this thread for him also. i know he has been back on lately so you may be in luck. he seems to have vast knowledge of these types of problems.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News