Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Question [Answered] PS3 on non-HDCP monitor

Sponsored Links
    Hey guys,

I was wondering if there was anyway I could use my 24" Plasma monitor with my PS3. you see I'm a college student, so I can't really afford an HDTV at the moment. anyway, I already have my roommate's 360 plugged into it (via HDMI TO DVI cable) and I thought I could do the same with my PS3 but it turned out my monitor isn't HDCP compliant. since the PS3 is jail broken, is there any homebrew app or something I can do to make it work?

Thanks.
    Best Answer - Posted by Irvysan:

HDCP is only enabled when playing BD movies hence the term (high definition content protection) have you considered one of these : http://www.vdigi.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=9&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=19&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=53&vmcchk=1&Itemid=53 or have you tried the component cables bundled with your PS3? Failing that I think you will have to save up your drinking money to buy a HDCP compliant monitor/tv

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    well wouldn't your monitor atleast somekind of resolution i.e 1280x720? i don't see any reason it wouldn't work becouse the ps3 is jailbroken, no effect imho!

atleast support a resolution like 1280x720, is it a flat?i dont think any flat supports under 1280x720 imo, i know my brother bought some kinda adapter for hes xbox360 to work on hes ps monitor.

that the ps3 is jailbroken wouldn't make any different imho.
    Last edited by PS3 News; 09-11-2010 at 09:25 PM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    ya don't say... LOL the PS3's HDMI output has HDCP (high definition content protection), so it will only work on a HDCP compliant monitor. unfourtunately for me, my monitor doesn't support HDCP. so all I get is a black screen.

HDCP is only enabled when playing BD movies hence the term (high definition content protection) have you considered one of these : [Register or Login to view links] or have you tried the component cables bundled with your PS3? Failing that I think you will have to save up your drinking money to buy a HDCP compliant monitor/tv
    Last edited by Irvysan; 09-12-2010 at 07:29 AM

test all resolutions...

(if your plasma is 1024x768)probably 576i/p will work...

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News