Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] ps3 with no video kind of strange

Sponsored Links
    Hi I just got a ps3 from a friend with no video (he just gave it to me for some money he owed me) Anyhow, I took it apart and found quite a bit of dust in it so I fully cleaned it put some new heat sink paste(white) between the 2 large chips and fans and put it back together. So I turn it on and it works!!!

I am so happy, I put a game in it and bam it loads and I am playing away. So I play for a bit then have to go to work. I come home and it has no video again, I was like DAMN so I took it apart and tightened everything back up and once again it works, and once I shut it off it will come back on if it is more then like 10 mins.

Any ideas on how to fix it, the model is a 60gig and I think it was updated to around 2.32. Any ideas?? Thanks in advance.

Also one other item of interest on this issue. While having the no video, the controller will not access via usb or wireless. It seems like the USB ports are not working also.

Kevin
    Last edited by jkevin50; 02-16-2009 at 01:41 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Best Answer - Posted by GGG20:

Hi jkevin50,

My advice to you is to give the ps3 back to your friend and get your money back or split the costs that are necessary to fix the ps3..

Now you can still fix it yourself for a while, but on the longer term this will become a problem and you will need to make costs..

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    sounds like you having the same issue as many others including myself. the video not showing up is probaby step one of many more issues to come. mines also would show no video and after some time it would come back. until recently, its pretty much dead now lol.

you may have a bad motherboard. doesnt sound like the fan is the issule or power supply. as for the usb not working that also points to the motherboard. sooner or later you may just have to buy a new one of fork over 150 to sony to fix it... i hope i'm wrong and you'll able to fix it.

if you start it up and no video shows try holding down the power button until you hear a beep, thats the video settings going back to defualt, should help with the no video showing up when you start it. hope this helps

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hi jkevin50,

My advice to you is to give the ps3 back to your friend and get your money back or split the costs that are necessary to fix the ps3..

Now you can still fix it yourself for a while, but on the longer term this will become a problem and you will need to make costs..

Banned User
    to any one with this kind of problem i fix these issues here is a link to my serivce

http://www.ps3news.com/forums/buy-se...nt-103170.html

Quote Originally Posted by medetron View Post
    sounds like you having the same issue as many others including myself. the video not showing up is probaby step one of many more issues to come. mines also would show no video and after some time it would come back. until recently, its pretty much dead now lol.

you may have a bad motherboard. doesnt sound like the fan is the issule or power supply. as for the usb not working that also points to the motherboard. sooner or later you may just have to buy a new one of fork over 150 to sony to fix it... i hope i'm wrong and you'll able to fix it.

if you start it up and no video shows try holding down the power button until you hear a beep, thats the video settings going back to defualt, should help with the no video showing up when you start it. hope this helps
    Thanks, i am still working on it during my off time. Hopefully something comes up.

My brother had this problem last week with his ps3, he plug out all the cable out of the ps3 and reconnected them again, he turned back on the ps3 and it worked. he must have changed the video setting or something it all ok now. be careful with video settings.

I had to reconfigure twice the video settings in mine, but no video never happened (thank god!)

Hi thanks for the help on this, I have tried to reboot the system then it works and after I turn it off same issue again. So I took it apart again, going to start trying to figure if it has some bad traces on the cell.

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by jkevin50 View Post
    Hi thanks for the help on this, I have tried to reboot the system then it works and after I turn it off same issue again. So I took it apart again, going to start trying to figure if it has some bad traces on the cell.

Kevin
    Stupid idea here but it may work:

My PS3 would cut out (using analog component video) and the cables needed to be fully plugged in and seated. If they were even slightly loose in the back of the PS3, no video at all. You can see if this is a problem by pulling the plug and plugging it in while the PS3 is running and see if the video pops on.

If your set supports it, you can try any of the other video modes with another cable and see if the problem persists. At least it's something to try before writing it off with bad video hardware.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News