Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Red Face [UnAnswered] Ps3 newb... Diff between 20 and 60 gig version?

Sponsored Links
    I was just curious whats the difference between the 20gig version of the PS3 and the 60 gig version.... is it just the hard drive size or does the 60 gig version have more features/hardware? I just got what was to be a broken 20 gig version of the Ps3 but the unit is 100% functioning.... If there are any differences between the 2 I may sell this one have and get the 60 gig version..... Thanks all!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    The only difference is that 60GB has built in WiFi and Memory card apators which take SD/CF/MS.

The 60GB also has a chrome trim around the blu-ray drive.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i would just keep the 20 gig and go out and buy a bigger hdd and save you self a few dollars

just curious why would anyone need a 60gb PS3 besides installing Linux? are the game save that big :??
    Last edited by yotengotaco2005; 05-24-2007 at 01:50 AM

really depends on you, i bought 60gb due to use of wifi and storing my psp mp4s hehe the multiple card reader is also handy i dont even own a proper PS3 game but i do still play my PS2 games on it though, so far im playing MH i can't transfer my saved file from ps2 due to copy protection

I'm in the UK so I had no choice but to buy 60GB lol

I still would have got that one though, WiFi is nice and lots of HDTV mp4 on my PS3 HDD!

60Gb isn't enough, I've upraged to 120Gb and I'm finding that to small

I like the slick black look of the 20gb, BUT must be honest the wifi and card reader is handy (but NOT worth the price difference), I can't believe them clowns fony didn't even include a hdmi lead considering UK people paid a premium!! :-(

PS: You can use ANY card reader in the USB ports so its nothing special on the 60gb, and you can even get a wireless bridge (which you can use with ANY of your ethernet gatgets) but it all depends on the price difference.
    Last edited by HackITandC; 05-24-2007 at 12:16 PM

Quote Originally Posted by HackITandC View Post
    I can't believe them clowns fony didn't even include a hdmi lead considering UK people paid a premium!! :-(
    I wish a HDMI cable was included as well. But at least the HDMI cable isn't proprietary to $0nY. I remember trying to hookup the PS2 using a component cables that came out from the Multi-AV port. That bad boy cost me an arm and a leg.

Like other said, if you don't need the built-in WiFi, Memory Card reader, or chrome-look, replace the hard drive. Plus maybe the 20GB version will become a "collectors item" since there are so few 60GB out there. *maybe*

Quote Originally Posted by Nanobr3ker View Post
    really depends on you, i bought 60gb due to use of wifi and storing my psp mp4s hehe the multiple card reader is also handy i dont even own a proper PS3 game but i do still play my PS2 games on it though, so far im playing MH i can't transfer my saved file from ps2 due to copy protection
    I do believe that with the new 1.80 firmware, you will be able to copy those PS2 saves.

Also, as far as HDMI cables go, search and shop online. Of course I can't provide links here, but you can get them drastically cheaper when you find the right site. I learned the hard way. I bought a DVI>HDMI cable from a local store a while back for $80 USD, then found out I could have gotten it for less than $20. I got two new HDMI cables recently for about $12 USD each.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News