Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Post [Answered] PS3 needs warm up to work, ylod when cold help?

Sponsored Links
    My ps3 shuts down even when cold with 3 beeps and a flashing red light. It goes off after 10-20secs of turning it on. The first three attempts will do the same thing. At fourth attempt, the ps3 stays on without problems. Then it will only shutdown again at like 30-50secs of loading any game. If I don't try to run any game the ps3 will stay on.
    Please help!

PS3 CECHK01 80gb model
    500gb hdd inside
    3.55CFW installed

I use it horizontally. It does turn off when cold. For example, I haven't used it for 24hrs, then right now I decided to use it

1. turned on and stayed on for 7 secs, it beeps 3 times the shows the yellow light then flashes red until I touch the power button again.
    2. turned on for the second time and only lasted 18 secs, it beeps 3 times the shows the yellow light then flashes red until I touch the power button again.
    3. turned on for the third time and only lasted 7 secs, it beeps 3 times the shows the yellow light then flashes red until I touch the power button again.
    4. turned on for the fourth time and this time it stays on forever If i dont try to run games.

After trying to run a game it turns off... it beeps 3 times the shows the yellow light then flashes red until I touch the power button again. I have to do those 4 steps fast so the console can get a little warmup because if try to turn it on leaving minutes pass by between power on's the console will keep going to step 1 as stated above. Its like the console needs a warmup to work, but then fails to load games. The console is in a very ventilated area with 2 12v fans attached to it.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    it sounds like it needs a reball or reflow and new thermal paste etc. is it clean from dust inside?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I did replaced the thermal paste and screwed them bolts real tight. The inside is dust free.

Does the fan seem to be working properly?

Hold down Power for about 5 seconds then hold down Eject. It'll make a really loud noise and if it goes back to working fine then it's good; if not then something's messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by HeyManHRU View Post
    Does the fan seem to be working properly?
    yes it does

Quote Originally Posted by Foo View Post
    Hold down Power for about 5 seconds then hold down Eject. It'll make a really loud noise and if it goes back to working fine then it's good; if not then something's messed up.
    I managed to get the really loud noisy fan by turning on from the back and rapidly holding eject button. then tried to run a game but it went off.
    Last edited by xboxgt12; 09-26-2012 at 08:20 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Something isn't right. I can't tell what it is but I've seen this before and can't remember how it's fixed or if it's even fixable >.< Might as well just take out the HDD then send it to Sony for a replacement. >.>

Thats bad memory pal... hehehe, it would have been awesome if you could remember how to fix it. Thanks anyways!

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News