Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Question [Answered] PS3 Modchip Plays Some Game Backups?

Sponsored Links
    A friend of mine said that there's a PS3 modchip that plays SOME PS3 game backups, but not all the games. Is this true?

BTW, this thread isn't meant to start a flame war. So, if youre one of those who are flame war fanboys, I'll report you to have you thrown out. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'm new around here too, but from all the reading I've done here and around the web it seems that the famed "Belzar" modchip was just a hoax.

http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-gu...ups-98654.html
    Last edited by IslaTurbine; 12-03-2009 at 11:25 PM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by taurusx5 View Post
    A friend of mine said that there's a PS3 modchip that plays SOME PS3 game backups, but not all the games. Is this true?

BTW, this thread isn't meant to start a flame war. So, if youre one of those who are flame war fanboys, I'll report you to have you thrown out. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
    There was one several years ago in development that would boot "some" PS3 back-ups by HardStore/Origa but it never went into production due to both development and legal issues... primarily, it would only "boot" them to the title menus but it would lock up when you went to actually "play" the games making it about as useful as Hacked2123's SuperSwap Method.

IslaTurbine (+Rep) is also correct, the Belzar PS3 Mod-chip was a hoax... if you wish to read all about it, see these threads:

http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...ed-107534.html

http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...ed-107604.html

PS: You don't have to report threads hehe, the Staff are proactive here unlike most sites where they post some news and never bother to get active in their own Forums... if flaming or other offenses occur here the user gets kicked to the curb faster than Tiger Woods' wife is amending her prenup.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    There is no modchip for the ps3 that let you play backups. Maybe its so underground that no one knows it.But belive me when i say there are few things to time they couldnt be done. One thing you should know and also you can ask your friend, How did they manage the WaterMark from original disk?

If such a modchip would be really possible or even buy able than for sure we would have a 40 or 50 sites long thread about that.The whole world is still waiting for it

Yea no ps3 modchip, the most you can do is play ps2 backups using the swap magic trick with some ps3 modification and thats only the original 60gb ps3 that plays ps2 games from hardware. The ps3 is a complicated masterpiece, any modchip info will be posted here so keep reading up.

Maybe he was talking about Infectus? It doesn't let you play backups or anything but it's still a Modchip ^^

It's been quite some time since I've heard of it by the way. Are these still useful to devs?

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderkik View Post
    It's been quite some time since I've heard of it by the way. Are these still useful to devs?
    Not since PS3 Firmware 2.10 it hasn't been, as you can no longer use it to downgrade since then unfortunately.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News