Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 is messing up, need help?

Sponsored Links
    So as you guys all know ever pan user has PlayStation plus for a month and is able do download 2 games for free. I downloaded two but I try to install them and they freeze. Happened twice. I can't even shut it off. I have to pull the plug...

Second time after turning it back on it said it needs to restore my harddrive. I have no idea what happened.

Now, my ps3 turns on, I can click in my username but then it gets stuck there. Like its booting up but doesn't load anything.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I restored the system, erasing everything

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Moderator Note: You probably could have solved this problem by going into recovery mode and rebuilding the HD database and/or reflashing the firmware.

Sponsored Links

Ps3 slim help

Sponsored Links
    Yeah, now when I turn my ps3 on, it makes a very loud noise. Boots up, but nothing shows again. Try to turn it off with the button and it just blinks green the whole time... Btw I have a ps3 slim. Never heard of these gettings these kinds of problems.

I have merged the new post into your ongoing help thread now.

Have you tried a video reset or attempted to go into recovery mode?

Try going into the Recovery Menu:

1. With the system in standby mode. Press and hold the power button down until the system turns on and then off again. Release the power button.
    2. After about 1 - 2 seconds press and hold the power button again, until you hear 2 consecutive beeps. Release the power button. During this step you will actually hear three beeps. There will be one single beep then a short delay followed by 2 consecutive beeps. Only release the power button after you hear the 2 consecutive beeps.

At this point the PS3 Recovery Menu will be shown on the screen.

Try to restore the HD or reflash your current firmware version.

Thanks for merging the thread And I tried that. I actually had to go into recovery to restore my system.

I restored it. Went back to factory settings. It worked for the time being then it messed up again. I can turn it on, still makes that noise. Everything boots up just fine. And dvds work. But sometimes it'll still freeze.

But when I press the power button to shut it off, it beeps like it usually does, but doesn't turn off. Green button just blinks. I have to hold it down when its on for about 5 seconds then it'll shut off.

When I turn it back on after that it says files were messed up and it has to restore my HD and then it turns back on after that.

Problems still occur.

Well I think you may have one of two problems, either your mainboard is going bad/about to YLOD or your HD is bad. Do you have another HD you can try in it? I would do that first as it seems more likely. Install a new drive, restore the system, and test.

I would agree its either the mainboard or harddrive. But I NEVER heard of the slim catching YLOD. I had the fat and it caught it. Got rid of rid. Did my research wether to get another fat one or the slim, and one of the main reasons I got the slim was cause they don't get YLOD.

But thanks, I will try to do that. I'm gonna borrow my friends ps3 and switch out the drives to check.

Borrowing friends hard drive from PS3 wil lresult in reformating his hard drive so it's not a best option - simply get / borrow any 2.5" sata hard drive (in any current laptop or external USB hard drive) to test it intead.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News